9 silvers and 2 small golds this week along with a bunch of nickels and another field of wheaties

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I made another trip to the middle school. The kids are back in class so I can only hunt here on weekends and holidays. I spent 6 hours swingn the CZ21 and managed to find 90 coins with a face value of $3.86, the bottom of a toy car, a nail file key chain, 2 earrings (a whole one and one split in half), a cheapie ring, an ace bandage clip, a brass fitting, an aluminum carabiner, a large weird key, aluminum bottle caps, tabs, aluminum fence wire, and can slaw.

DSCN3464.jpeg

DSCN3465.jpeg

Not a lot of interesting things this trip. A lot of tabs and can slaw and lots of nickels (23, a lot more than normal).

DAY 2 PART 1
There is one state park that allows me to metal detect between 8 am and 9 am on weekdays before Labor Day. I can only detect in the water until after Labor Day but there have been enough good finds over the years so I make the 40 minute drive and do a quick check in 2 days to cover the swimming areas (2 small ones). I don’t cover it as thoroughly but I do alright.

In my hour hunt swingin the ATPro in a loose grid to cover the most area in a short time I found 24 coins with a face value of $3.39, a decent assortment of jewelry, 2 sinkers, a small zipper part, a brass grommet and a small aluminum scrap.

DSCN3466.jpeg

The bottom row is 3/4 silver. A silver CZ stud earring, a silver ring with a heart shaped pink topaz, a silver plated heart ring with tiny czs and a tapered silver hollow hoop earring. 3 silvers in an hour is a good outing.

DSCN3469.jpeg

DAY 2 PART 2
I went back to finish up the yard with all the toy cars. It took another 4.5 hours to finish and I found 40 coins with a face value of $1.58, 2 keys, 10 wheaties, a stainless fork, a silver ring, an aluminum Millard Filmore token, a plated hat charm, a newer type crotal bell, an eagle pin in 2 pieces, a coke game tab (G), 2 toy car parts, foil, can slaw and tabs.

DSCN3470.jpeg

The wheaties have a decent date range. A 1919, 1920D, 1926, 1927, 1927, 1936, 1942, 1952, 1957, 1957. The 4 from the 1920s came out of the same hole.

DSCN3471.jpeg

The ring was a nice little surprise. The ground is hard and dry, but I gave a decent signal for being so small and being about 4 to 5 inches deep. It is a STERLING KIDDIEGEM. It has 2 of the 3 red plastic gems still in place. The KIDDIEGEM name was first used in the 1930s. The trademark was still active up until 1996. This one is probably from the 40s. The lady who lives there says she moved in as a girl in 1952 and she was 8 at the time so the ring is not hers. It had to belong to a girl who,lived there before her. A big thank you to Red-Coat for the information on KIDDIEGEM. It came from a reply he posted to an inquiry in 2022.

DSCN3472.jpeg

DSCN3473.jpeg

DAY 3
I went back to the 1 hour park and did the other swimming area. What a diffence. There were almost no targets in the swimming area. What you see in the picture is EVERYTHING I scooped up in my hour. 3 coins, a ring, an earring, a turtle pendant, a sinker, a chunk of foil, a battery, a nut, a weird piece of non ferrous metal with 33 cut out and a piece of fishing line attached, and that is all I found.

DSCN3474.jpeg

The good thing is that the ring is silver and the earring is 14k. I thought for sure the nice yellow stone in the earring would be a citron since it is set in 14k. Unfortunately it is not any gemstone. The test machine did not react at all so it is either glass or a colored cz. The ring has been in the water long enough for the tarnish to start, but not long enough for it to turn the sold black it will get after it has been in the water for years. Possibly lost early in the summer.

DSCN3475.jpeg

DAY 4
I went to a swimming area at a camp ground and did some detecting. It has been about 6 weeks since I covered this area and I am hoping the contributors have done their job. The water is down since I was here last, it is still deep enough to play in and loose things.

I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPro and covered most of the swimming area. The finds were a little sparse at first, but the second half was better. I found 22 coins with a face value of $1.31, more tabs than normal for the water, an assortment of small jewelry, a new style ace bandage clip, my first automobile fuse from the water, 3 selfie stick retainers, a few sinkers, foil and a couple of tags with security strips imbedded in them.

DSCN3476.jpeg

3 pieces of jewelry and 1 nickel are goodies. A silver earring back, a silver stud earring shaped like a bow, a 14k earring with a Madonna on a heart and a 1945 P war nickel. The nickel has a little bit of tarnish and is my first war nickel from the water. It probably came out of grandpas coin jar and ended up in circulation.

DSCN3477.jpeg

This summer I have started finding these tags in the water. They are paper and have metallic strips embedded in them for store security. If you look closely to the one on the left you can see the pattern of the metal in the tag. Tabs have been a problem for a long time, then they started using plastic bottles, but they had a foil seal that you have to dig up and now security tags. When are they going to stop producing trash we have to find when we detect?

DSCN3479.jpeg

The net I found is where the selfie stick retainers come from. A lot of parks sell these nets to the kiddies who try and scoop up the minnows. When the handles break the retainers escape.

IMG_9010.jpeg

So this was a good week. Decent silver and a little gold to spice things up. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Attachments

• DSCN3478.jpeg
    DSCN3478.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Upvote 14
Another productive week.
Well done.

The weird shaped key is from a tractor or some other piece of equipment.
One key can fit all type thing.
Kind of silly really, why even have a key.

DAY 1
I made another trip to the middle school. The kids are back in class so I can only hunt here on weekends and holidays. I spent 6 hours swingn the CZ21 and managed to find 90 coins with a face value of $3.86, the bottom of a toy car, a nail file key chain, 2 earrings (a whole one and one split in half), a cheapie ring, an ace bandage clip, a brass fitting, an aluminum carabiner, a large weird key, aluminum bottle caps, tabs, aluminum fence wire, and can slaw.

View attachment 2166274

View attachment 2166275

Not a lot of interesting things this trip. A lot of tabs and can slaw and lots of nickels (23, a lot more than normal).

DAY 2 PART 1
There is one state park that allows me to metal detect between 8 am and 9 am on weekdays before Labor Day. I can only detect in the water until after Labor Day but there have been enough good finds over the years so I make the 40 minute drive and do a quick check in 2 days to cover the swimming areas (2 small ones). I don’t cover it as thoroughly but I do alright.

In my hour hunt swingin the ATPro in a loose grid to cover the most area in a short time I found 24 coins with a face value of $3.39, a decent assortment of jewelry, 2 sinkers, a small zipper part, a brass grommet and a small aluminum scrap.

View attachment 2166276

The bottom row is 3/4 silver. A silver CZ stud earring, a silver ring with a heart shaped pink topaz, a silver plated heart ring with tiny czs and a tapered silver hollow hoop earring. 3 silvers in an hour is a good outing.

View attachment 2166278

DAY 2 PART 2
I went back to finish up the yard with all the toy cars. It took another 4.5 hours to finish and I found 40 coins with a face value of $1.58, 2 keys, 10 wheaties, a stainless fork, a silver ring, an aluminum Millard Filmore token, a plated hat charm, a newer type crotal bell, an eagle pin in 2 pieces, a coke game tab (G), 2 toy car parts, foil, can slaw and tabs.

View attachment 2166279

The wheaties have a decent date range. A 1919, 1920D, 1926, 1927, 1927, 1936, 1942, 1952, 1957, 1957. The 4 from the 1920s came out of the same hole.

View attachment 2166280

The ring was a nice little surprise. The ground is hard and dry, but I gave a decent signal for being so small and being about 4 to 5 inches deep. It is a STERLING KIDDIEGEM. It has 2 of the 3 red plastic gems still in place. The KIDDIEGEM name was first used in the 1930s. The trademark was still active up until 1996. This one is probably from the 40s. The lady who lives there says she moved in as a girl in 1952 and she was 8 at the time so the ring is not hers. It had to belong to a girl who,lived there before her. A big thank you to Red-Coat for the information on KIDDIEGEM. It came from a reply he posted to an inquiry in 2022.

View attachment 2166281

View attachment 2166273

DAY 3
I went back to the 1 hour park and did the other swimming area. What a diffence. There were almost no targets in the swimming area. What you see in the picture is EVERYTHING I scooped up in my hour. 3 coins, a ring, an earring, a turtle pendant, a sinker, a chunk of foil, a battery, a nut, a weird piece of non ferrous metal with 33 cut out and a piece of fishing line attached, and that is all I found.

View attachment 2166282

The good thing is that the ring is silver and the earring is 14k. I thought for sure the nice yellow stone in the earring would be a citron since it is set in 14k. Unfortunately it is not any gemstone. The test machine did not react at all so it is either glass or a colored cz. The ring has been in the water long enough for the tarnish to start, but not long enough for it to turn the sold black it will get after it has been in the water for years. Possibly lost early in the summer.

View attachment 2166283

DAY 4
I went to a swimming area at a camp ground and did some detecting. It has been about 6 weeks since I covered this area and I am hoping the contributors have done their job. The water is down since I was here last, it is still deep enough to play in and loose things.

I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPro and covered most of the swimming area. The finds were a little sparse at first, but the second half was better. I found 22 coins with a face value of $1.31, more tabs than normal for the water, an assortment of small jewelry, a new style ace bandage clip, my first automobile fuse from the water, 3 selfie stick retainers, a few sinkers, foil and a couple of tags with security strips imbedded in them.

View attachment 2166284

3 pieces of jewelry and 1 nickel are goodies. A silver earring back, a silver stud earring shaped like a bow, a 14k earring with a Madonna on a heart and a 1945 P war nickel. The nickel has a little bit of tarnish and is my first war nickel from the water. It probably came out of grandpas coin jar and ended up in circulation.

View attachment 2166285

This summer I have started finding these tags in the water. They are paper and have metallic strips embedded in them for store security. If you look closely to the one on the left you can see the pattern of the metal in the tag. Tabs have been a problem for a long time, then they started using plastic bottles, but they had a foil seal that you have to dig up and now security tags. When are they going to stop producing trash we have to find when we detect?

View attachment 2166288

The net I found is where the selfie stick retainers come from. A lot of parks sell these nets to the kiddies who try and scoop up the minnows. When the handles break the retainers escape.

View attachment 2166287

So this was a good week. Decent silver and a little gold to spice things up. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back