Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• 1454648400181.jpg
    1454648400181.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 155
How bad can it be?
You've got four bars of LTE signal - you can always request an extraction if you get into trouble! :thumbsup:

I'm kidding of course. Who knows what the signal will be 8 kilometers off the beaten path?
I'm not sure what kind of bears hang out in the swamps in your area, but you could taser any Sasquath you encounter. "Don't taze me, bro!"
Good luck. Plan ahead. And take insect spray if the bugs are out.

Upvote 0
It looks like wheel or tire marks in the photo. Why would you want to hike 8 km through a swamp if you can drive to it?

Upvote 0
Cant drive in those are at least 200 year old cart wheel marks. All swamp around it now. Gonna give it a shot. Should be something there. I can only get in early spring. Become over grow up to about six feet in high of tall grass pretty quick. Ill update when i head in.

Upvote 0
When you get there, say "Hi" to Dora the Explorer!
That's a spoof from a recent GEICO insurance commercial. Not sure if it's playing in Canada?

Good luck with your endeavor.
If things get muddy along the way, try to remember it's the journey, not the destination.

Upvote 0
Personally, there is no place I would not hike in to to find a sweet spot! I have bushwacked in to some remote logging and mining camps in the Colorado Rockies, just make sure to take some basic survival items just in case. Heck for something pre 1800's, I would spend a couple days on the site.

Upvote 0
If I didnt have 60 pounds of dormant muscle on me I would give it a shot.... When I was younger I would wade that far for a great Duck hunting spot....Now I just use my old Fin and Feather pirogue to get me where I want to go. Our bears are not to large around here but I would pack something along the lines of a 45 instead of a 9 volt battery and a paper clip.

Upvote 0
Would be an adventure could you actually play dead if a bear was chasing you

Upvote 0
If I didnt have 60 pounds of dormant muscle on me I would give it a shot.... When I was younger I would wade that far for a great Duck hunting spot....Now I just use my old Fin and Feather pirogue to get me where I want to go. Our bears are not to large around here but I would pack something along the lines of a 45 instead of a 9 volt battery and a paper clip.

If you don't mind, I would like to officially adopt your "dormant muscle" terminology.
That is the funniest thing I have heard all day.

Of course it's only 8:30 AM here, but still... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back