Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again this piece is not mine, but was "found" in dirt. About the only theory is that it was a plaque on a box of 8 reales ? It is a one sided piece, and probably made of brass. No doubt an unusual thing ? Anyone ?

IMG_3232.JPG

It looks very shiny to have been brass, and recovered from the dirt. Any more information on it? Is it silver plated? Can we see a photo of the back? Any braising marks on the back?

Upvote 0
It looks very shiny to have been brass, and recovered from the dirt. Any more information on it? Is it silver plated? Can we see a photo of the back? Any braising marks on the back?

Shiny...OK...Yes...cleaned by owner...how much ? Don't know, but was recovered from "his" dirt. I stated "one sided" back is plain or flat with no details. Brasing marks ? no, but 4 small holes, as if mounting screw holes. No other information, that's why we're asking. and I did see it in person, I took the picture, it looked "brassy in person. Definitely a curious piece ?

I just figured 32,000 members, maybe someone might have a guess. Only a slight possibility of it being "something", and most probabally just a joke, token, souvineer, etc. ?

Upvote 0
Possibly part of an advert from a coin shop.

store_hanging_morgan.324181212.JPG

DCMatt

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back