Greenie
Nov 29, 2012

Attachments

• image-1875807466.jpg
    image-1875807466.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 298
Upvote 0
may only be one flake but it is good sized

nice sized flake , i would be encouraged ,i know you said 8 hrs ,but being new to it and you cant go thru much material just panning,very cool ,i would be back with sluice and see what 8hrs brought.good luck and hope you find that crazy nugget,its out there.

Nice, gold is so awsome!!! Try the bedrock below the bridge in Bath you can find chunkier stuff there too

Nice find! I misread your name at first and thought it was MAnboob. :laughing7:

Lol man boob that's funny! thanks grizzly maybe I will try that can u park close to the bridge? I was at twin rivers camp ground so was able to park on his property

You will love it! Sample a spot...sample and if you find that gold, dig like crazy.

Remember!!! First comes the gold, then comes the power, then comes the woman

Congrats! Lucky you found that one, some people don't find anything their first time. ^ as said above sampling is key. Also try digging out crevices & pockets in bedrock. Digging in gravel bars usually isn't too incredibly productive unless you can move a lot of material with a sluice. Good luck!

Last edited:
went out prospecvting on a new creek (for me anyway) with buds yesterday all morning sample after sample, not even flydroppings
congrats

2cmorau, so not even any black sand?...................63bkpkr

Better put a thermometer under you tongue looks like you got the fever now! Congratulations!

more than my first 50 times.:thumbsup:

where there's black sand not always gold
where there is gold there always black sand or however it goes
whats that other one, gold is where you find it LOL, yesterday was hot, all morning digging here and there flakes small but flakes and then found the spot at end of day, nice clinkers one peice guesstamating about three grains

went out prospecvting on a new creek (for me anyway) with buds yesterday all morning sample after sample, not even flydroppings
congrats

Better put a thermometer under you tongue looks like you got the fever now! Congratulations!

All it took for me was 1 small flake to become woozy and slightly ill,
With time and experience and help from wonderful people I have become totally sick with gold fever.
It's quickly become an untreatable condition. I've found that by processing lots of material I feel a little better but I'm afraid it's a cumulative effect. The more I process the more I want to process. Like a drug addict.
It's the hardest work I've ever loved doing.

Last edited:
You hit the nail on the head Sick! My case has gotten to the point that I'm going into withdrawals when I'm not out digging and classifying materials to run. The other night I even had a dream about working out at my favorite gulch!

We will go out on site and run the sluice for 2-3 days and then bring home about 75 gallons worth of materials for me to run during the week. Panic attack starts up when I start the last bucket and it's only Thursday!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back