Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a local park doing a little coin shooting. I went around the sports fields in the spectator areas looking for dropped change and hopefully some jewelry. On a rare occasion I have found old silver and this field has actually produced my only flying eagle cent. After the fields I did a quick check of the tot lot.

I spent 3.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 42 coins with a face value of $3.73, an Israeli coin, an aluminum screw, a screw in cleat, a bunch of cheapie charms, 63 antique brass key charms, a few tabs and a couple of pieces of can slaw.

DSCN3029.jpeg

DSCN3030.jpeg

The coin is an Israel 1 pound used between 1952 and 1980. In 1980 they changed to the shekel.

DSCN3029.jpeg

All but 2 of the keys and charms came from the tot lot. They were all on the surface or just under a thin layer of mulch. I’m not sure if some special activity went on at the park, if someone had a party or some kid just lost a pile of their toys, but they left a lot for me to find. I do know that you can buy 125 of the silly things on amazon for $8 so I have about $4 worth from the hunt :laughing7::laughing7:. There are a lot of different kinds of key and they were fun to find even though they aren’t that special or valuable. After all interesting things and fun are why we do this. It sure isn’t because we expect to get rich.

DSCN3032.jpeg

DSCN3031.jpeg

An appropriate set of finds for the week of Valentine’s Day.

I was hoping to get out again this week, but we got 4 more inches of wet snow, I had some doctor appointments and of course family obligations kicked in so only one day this week. Maybe I’ll get more time next week after most of the snow melts (if we don’t get the 5 inches they are calling for tonight). Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 15
Too funny, I was looking on fleabay for a spare key for my 1958 Ducati yesterday. It sort of looks like a skeleton key so when I searched "small skeleton key for Ducati" the first thing that came up was a bunch of those little keys (140 I think) for $10.
Anyway, good fun for you on your hunt, mission accomplished! :occasion14:

I went to a local park doing a little coin shooting. I went around the sports fields in the spectator areas looking for dropped change and hopefully some jewelry. On a rare occasion I have found old silver and this field has actually produced my only flying eagle cent. After the fields I did a quick check of the tot lot.

I spent 3.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 42 coins with a face value of $3.73, an Israeli coin, an aluminum screw, a screw in cleat, a bunch of cheapie charms, 63 antique brass key charms, a few tabs and a couple of pieces of can slaw.

View attachment 2131732

View attachment 2131733

The coin is an Israel 1 pound used between 1952 and 1980. In 1980 they changed to the shekel.

View attachment 2131740

All but 2 of the keys and charms came from the tot lot. They were all on the surface or just under a thin layer of mulch. I’m not sure if some special activity went on at the park, if someone had a party or some kid just lost a pile of their toys, but they left a lot for me to find. I do know that you can buy 125 of the silly things on amazon for $8 so I have about $4 worth from the hunt :laughing7::laughing7:. There are a lot of different kinds of key and they were fun to find even though they aren’t that special or valuable. After all interesting things and fun are why we do this. It sure isn’t because we expect to get rich.

View attachment 2131734

View attachment 2131731
An appropriate set of finds for the week of Valentine’s Day.

I was hoping to get out again this week, but we got 4 more inches of wet snow, I had some doctor appointments and of course family obligations kicked in so only one day this week. Maybe I’ll get more time next week after most of the snow melts (if we don’t get the 5 inches they are calling for tonight). Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back