tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was a rather nice day, as the temperature went just above 60°. My grandson spent the night Friday, so being Saturday was so nice we headed outside to go under the grape arbor where he has his toy trucks and all to play. It was quite messy with leave piled up under the vines, so he and I cleaned off the area and there were a few dried grapes underneath all the wet dead leaves. The smells of those grapes seem to attract a few honey bee's, which I thought rather odd this time of year when it wasn't, but few weeks ago we had sub-zero temperatures. Things are gonna change today as always and the cold weather will again begin moving in.

Attachments

• 20230114_132644.jpg
    20230114_132644.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 38
Yesterday was a rather nice day, as the temperature went just above 60°. My grandson spent the night Friday, so being Saturday was so nice we headed outside to go under the grape arbor where he has his toy trucks and all to play. It was quite messy with leave piled up under the vines, so he and I cleaned off the area and there were a few dried grapes underneath all the wet dead leaves. The smells of those grapes seem to attract a few honey bee's, which I thought rather odd this time of year when it wasn't, but few weeks ago we had sub-zero temperatures. Things are gonna change today as always and the cold weather will again begin moving in.
Had those temps here a couple weeks ago,very mild winter this year...so far.
DSCN0999.JPG

DSCN1000.JPG

Seems bee's always have a mission to undertake, when conditions allow. I think they can actually survive quite cold temperatures in a dormant stage. I replanted a lawn a couple years ago and watered the heck out of it and as I was mowing it last summer I saw tiny little frogs in the grass. I haven't seen them in a long time in like 20 years as that's how long I left the backyard barren and dry, where only the most resilient of weeds would grow. I was thinking those tiny little frog eggs had been in the ground dormant for two decades or maybe the eggs came in another way, like in the feathers of birds ??

Last edited:
Not too much remarkable so far here weather wise in Summit County. Looks like they will have those snow sculptures again in Breck this month if y'all want to check them out.

Maybe, If I'm up to dealing with all the traffic. I drove from Grand Junction yesterday out running the coming storm, which had everything in a mess today down here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back