6 silvers today!

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
(photo included)
No better feeling than having your research pay off! Have been researching an amusement park from the early 1900s for months now along with True Metal. We hit the spot a couple of weeks ago but barely had any light left at the time. He found some wheaties and we found an old set of steps "from and to nowhere" at present day, but leading down to a river that we heard had river boats drop people off to go to the park. I found a 1940 rosie at that time before dark. To make a short story long, most of this area has been developed in present day, but I saw an old postcard of the park that shows the roller coaster running along a set of woods that are still there. I figured, there had to be some stuff that flew off the coaster from people's pockets, etc., so today I searched the woods more carefully today and BANG! I hit a 1924 Merc dime, a few feet later, BOOM, a fantastic 1927 Merc. dime looking right from the mint. The next hit was my first ever silver half dollar, 1906. Then I hit a spectacular 1936 quarter, again, looking new. After that, two standing Liberty quaters, one 1926 and one with date rubbed out. All these finds were within about a 25 ft by 25 ft area. Should be some more stuff there, as it is wooded and many things need to be moved around to hunt fully. Photo below not too focused...

Upvote 0
WTG!!!
You know you've probably got a virgin site when you can find silver half dollars...Great job on the research...
I have been using some of your tips,,, ;D Thank you!
I have found some very interesting facts about my area using your tip about ebay. I found old pictures that the local historical society doesn't even have on there site... They may need the tip :D
Good luck! & Happy Hunting~

:o WTG, Bergie!! Wow, your first half and its a Barber to boot! 8) That's #$%&*#@ awesome! Man, wish i was there. I really hate work now! :D ;D

great finds...nothing like silver to get the blood flowing and keep you warm on a cold day

Yes, silver is the best. I meant to say in my first post that when I hit the half dollar I jumped up and yelled, "yes, my first silver half dollar!!" and then looked around real quick and ducked down to make sure nobody heard me. For anyone who hasn't foudn silver yet, you will really enjoy the first one and every one after that is great too.

That's great, just great. Silver and me don't seem to come together for some reason. Twenty years and not that much to speak of not to mention 6 in one day! Congrats! You will probably clean up there. Charlie

Charlie--where do you live in terms of city or town and state? Maybe I can come up with some ideas for silver.

Great job bergie! Talk about hitting a vain :) You hit the silver vain :)

Looking forward to whatever information you can find on my area, remember :) Brevard County, Florida.

Again, awsome finds!

Rod

Great job on the research and nice finds! Now you can harvest the silver, probably a few relics laying around there as well. HH, Mike

Hey... Bergie..! Your research is Right On Again I'm looking
forward to seeing more posts from this sight. WTG HH BRINK

You make me jealous- next time you find a silver half make sure you yell real loud, I'll be listening.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back