6/05/05 finds :: rolls her eyes ::

miss_anthrope

Some good, some bad. :) Pics to come when I can wrestle the camera away from my overzealous toddler-loving mother-in-law.

The good:
class ring - heavy mens, probably 5-10 years old, Jacksonville HS (FL? NC? I'm in NH) 10k over sterling
825 silver ankh charm w/purple stone (pretty cool, it almost exactly matches my red stone one!)

The bad:
can tabs, pin from a lawn mower mulcher attachment, pop cans, random small springs - look like the ones on strut seals, chunks of plastic from aforementioned mulcher attachment. ::lol::

The ugly:
red ants, dog turds, and a HUGE ground-wasp nest (ground nesting yellowjackets, found the hard way.)

Going up to the in-laws this afternoon, 40 acres, three cellarholes, some coyote caves, and miles of stone walls. =) wish me luck!

Upvote 0
Great finds! Congrats! Those yellowjacets can be hell! I know a way to get rid of them without pesticides: go at night and cover each hole (there are usually two) with a clear glass bowl. The yellowjackets die in about 3 days. if you use a clear bowl they won't dig another exit!

Boy the Inlaws place sounds Great. You really shoulld really have a good time . Gee lets see. Talk and visit with inlaws or metal detect there property. HMMMM LOL have a good one. HH
PS Congrats on the Ring. Hope you find the owner.

That really sounds like a great place to go....good luck..........and congrats on the ring! :)

Nana ;)

Sounds like good hunting grounds,

nice finds too!

HH

Lonewolfe

hay hope its not the same three cellar holes i have my eye on lol :D good luck. i am also from N H where about do you detect south, central, or the cold north . what do you use for a detector.O yea welcome to the forum and best of luck H H

northeast hunter said:
hay hope its not the same three cellar holes i have my eye on lol :D good luck. i am also from N H where about do you detect south, central, or the cold north . what do you use for a detector.O yea welcome to the forum and best of luck H H

central (lakes region), with an ace250. I just got back into hunting two months ago after about a 10 year hiatus (6 kids in 7 years will do that to ya!) And unless you're hunting my in-laws land in Franklin, I doubt they're the same holes ::lol:: definitely can't wait for the end of bike week (even though it hasn't even started yet) to hit the weirs and see what's find-able after the mass exodus!

miss_anthrope said:
northeast hunter said:
hay hope its not the same three cellar holes i have my eye on lol? :D good luck. i am also from N H where about do you detect south, central, or the cold north . what do you use for a detector.O yea welcome to the forum and best of luck H H

central (lakes region), with an ace250. I just got back into hunting two months ago after about a 10 year hiatus (6 kids in 7 years will do that to ya!) And unless you're hunting my in-laws land in Franklin, I doubt they're the same holes ::lol:: definitely can't wait for the end of bike week (even though it hasn't even started yet) to hit the weirs and see what's find-able after the mass exodus!

[/quo i bet there will be plenty of pull tabs maybe a few rice rockets lol as far as the kids mabey 6 ace 250,s for X mas

TOWcritter said:
Congrats on the ring. And I'm sure you'll pull out some goodies from the cellar holes. BTW....are you going to try for lucky #7?! LOL

oh HECK NO! I always count the hubby as #7 anyways .. It's how I can get away with saying 7 kids, ages 3months to 27 years ;) (the rugrats are 7, 6, 6, 4, 23mo, 3mo. Can you say masochist?

But at least they love to dig!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back