5 boxes of halves from last night.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
I finally had the inevitable happen last night. I picked up 4 boxes from a brinks bank, and one of the boxes was all taped back up, and when I opened it up the rolls were hand rolled... I wasnt very happy. The worst part is, I cant seem to allow myself to cash them in like that. My nerves are going to force me to open every single roll to verify that there is no silver... Waste of time. Boxes 2-4 were decent. box 2-Skunk. box 3: 2-90%, 2-40%. box 4: 2-90%, 4-40%. Box 5 was from a different bank, a loomis bank. I dont know what it is but around here, loomis sucks bad for me. I have opened several and never gotten even 1 silver out of one. last night was no different. box 5 was a skunk. Thanks for reading.

Upvote 0
TheRockDoc said:
I finally had the inevitable happen last night. I picked up 4 boxes from a brinks bank, and one of the boxes was all taped back up, and when I opened it up the rolls were hand rolled... I wasnt very happy. The worst part is, I cant seem to allow myself to cash them in like that. My nerves are going to force me to open every single roll to verify that there is no silver... Waste of time. Boxes 2-4 were decent. box 2-Skunk. box 3: 2-90%, 2-40%. box 4: 2-90%, 4-40%. Box 5 was from a different bank, a loomis bank. I dont know what it is but around here, loomis sucks bad for me. I have opened several and never gotten even 1 silver out of one. last night was no different. box 5 was a skunk. Thanks for reading.

Do you weigh rolls then cash back in without opening?

Shawn

I picked up two boxes last week that came from Brinks - one was wrapped by them and the other were all hand-wraps. I checked a few and then dumped hand-wraps at two different banks as I've never found anything from them. The second bank were I dropped off ten rolls counted them and they all were short either $1 or $0.50! Talk about embarrassing.

I ended up buying them back and then going back to the first bank and bought those back too. I went to initial bank where I got them from and talked to the head teller and she bought them back/called Brinks.

Two things came from this - 1. I'll open upon receipt and never accept customer-wrapped rolls from Brinks again. 2. Of course the head teller told me she couldn't order any more from me b/c of some B.S. about it being a hassle and some other CRH bringing large amounts to that branch (even though I order 2 boxes per month, if that, from this bank).

[/quote]

Do you weigh rolls then cash back in without opening?

Shawn
[/quote]

I have not cashed them in yet, but yes that was my plan, to weigh them... so I dont have to open them. Is this what you would do?

If you dont mind, what is the weight it should be, or what would I be looking for in terms of heavey enough I need to check for silver?

usatc said:
I picked up two boxes last week that came from Brinks - one was wrapped by them and the other were all hand-wraps. I checked a few and then dumped hand-wraps at two different banks as I've never found anything from them. The second bank were I dropped off ten rolls counted them and they all were short either $1 or $0.50! Talk about embarrassing.

I ended up buying them back and then going back to the first bank and bought those back too. I went to initial bank where I got them from and talked to the head teller and she bought them back/called Brinks.

Two things came from this - 1. I'll open upon receipt and never accept customer-wrapped rolls from Brinks again. 2. Of course the head teller told me she couldn't order any more from me b/c of some B.S. about it being a hassle and some other CRH bringing large amounts to that branch (even though I order 2 boxes per month, if that, from this bank).

That totally sucks, I would be a bit discouraged. Thanks for sharing though, i will learn from that, and make sure I dont piss off the pickup bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back