5.75 vs 9x8

findit,

Cutting right to the chase I would use the 5.75 instead of the 9x8 on the Vaquero for the type of hunting you described. That small coil is very hot on small jewelry like stud earrings and small gold rings as well as coins. The discrimination circuit will also do a better job separating the good and bad targets. At the end of the day your arm will feel much better also! PM me if I can help you further. Joe

I agree the 5.75 coil is superior in many ways and gets nearly the same depth as the 9x8. For coins and jewelry in trash it is the best.

ian

I use the Tejon and just got a 5.75 wide scan. I relic hunt and was wondering if I was losing depth with the smaller coil. Last weekend I was hunting a field and got a good hit. Imagine my surprise when at least 8" down I dug a pull-tab! Now normally I would have cussed but I was amazed that this little coil would get that kind of depth. So.. even though you are asking about the Vaquero I would recommend the 5.75 for any kind of hunting. HH!
Mike :)

I use both on my Vaquero.
If the area is large and pretty clean ( I mean not much iron and trash metal) then I use the stock coil. But if (there's lots :) of iron and trash metal) like old homestead, then the 5.75"

brnn53 said:
I use the Tejon and just got a 5.75 wide scan. I relic hunt and was wondering if I was losing depth with the smaller coil. Last weekend I was hunting a field and got a good hit. Imagine my surprise when at least 8" down I dug a pull-tab! Now normally I would have cussed but I was amazed that this little coil would get that kind of depth. So.. even though you are asking about the Vaquero I would recommend the 5.75 for any kind of hunting. HH!
Mike :)

thanks for your help guys that was the answer i was hoping for. anyone else care to share their experiences?

I use the 5.75" widescan and concentric on my Tejon and LST. I get 8" easily on dime sized and smaller.

findit,

Nice of you to thank us for trying to help! We all try to help each other and it makes us all feel good to get a thank you! Happy hunting with that 5.75 coil. Joe

hey Joe it's only the right thing to do. there are too many people in this world who only care about themselves or just like to criticize. it's nice to see a group of people who are interested in the same thing and try to help each other (very rare these days). if it could only spread to alot of other things in this world.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back