5/15/05

Viltaire

Feb 26, 2005
Went out and found Romulus and Remus Oklahoma today. Got to detect a little bit around the Remus cemetary. Found a nickel, 10 pennies, tons of beer cans and pop tops, also found a 6 inch metal bar. My detector was going nuts and giving me lots of signals, but upon digging we'd hit what looked like rusty dirt. Between the rusty dirt signals and the sandstone we didn't get to dig too much but we'll probably go back out there again and try. There wasn't anything left of either town and most of the countryside was private lands with grazing cattle. I've been trying to find some old public land sites or ghost towns or what not but so far all I see is private land. On the bright side they are locations I can hopefully research and narrow down where the old buildings may have once stood and then perhaps work on getting permission.

Upvote 0
Sorry you didn't find what you were looking for. To me, finding 10 pennies in one day would be wonderful!!! What is the metal bar for/from?? Good luck next time!

vicki

10 Pennies is Good. Your research sounds like its going to payoff. Keep at it. HH

Sounds exciting V! Just researching a town that's no longer, and then standing where it used to be is a rush for me! Thinking about what could be there is an adrenaline high. Don't give up. Rust is a sure sign you're in the right place. Keep huntin'~CO2

It was kinda fun CO2. somewhere out in that area but a little further south is Corner 26. Allegedly it was a hangout for the dalton and doolin gangs. I'm hoping to go back out that way again next month. It all depends if I can get a babysitter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back