46th and 47th silver from secret park section

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe it! Finally found a Standing Liberty Quarter for 2013. Also my oldest Washington Quarter, a 1934. Went back to the park area I hunted yesterday and found the SLQ within 10 minutes.

File168.jpgFile169.jpg

That makes my 46th and 47th silver of this year and ties my 1 month record of 12 silvers. Found the old glasses just lying on top of the ground. Found 6 wheats 1911,1916 and so on + a 1940 Jefferson. Best I've done at a park considering I found 2 silvers there yesterday.

Upvote 4
Congrats on the silver. :thumbsup: The SLQ is one coin that continues to elude me.

Nice silver and coins, but that pair of antique glasses is awesome! I've never seen lenses that look like those. Top-quality surface recovery!

Great set of finds there =) No matter how many times I see a standing I still love how they look.

Stop it you're killing me leave some for the rest of us !!

Great finds! I found my first SLQ this summer too.

Nice finds, Sovereignelite! Quick question for you, is this park you found STILL a park, or is it on private property now?

I'm in NC and trying to find old parks here - it's tricky to track them down. Wondering if yours is still a park for comparison, or how you found it if it's not...

- Bill

Not my first ever, just first for this year. It seemed like I could find everything BUT a SLQ! Congrats on your first one, it's my Favorite US coin design!
Great finds! I found my first SLQ this summer too.

It's still part of a park and the first one I have had any decent luck in since 1995. I lucked on to an area that is a wooded section now but was originally (I think) a section that was used as the rest of the park is now (neatly trimmed grassy area with benches and tables). It's overgrown with trees and brush but has some remnants of former use. Everything I've found dates to about the 40's or earlier and I have only found ONE pull-tab and no coins after 1944. There are lots of old aluminum screwcaps from beer/liquor bottles, but they're old. It's one of 2 old parks in town and all I had found in the well known areas were a few wheat cents and a recently lost ring: BOREDOM CITY!
Nice finds, Sovereignelite! Quick question for you, is this park you found STILL a park, or is it on private property now?

I'm in NC and trying to find old parks here - it's tricky to track them down. Wondering if yours is still a park for comparison, or how you found it if it's not...

- Bill

Nice finds Sovereignelite! Congratulations !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back