Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
45 Merc & More...

Hey all,,,
Went to the old park they say is " HUNTED OUT! " again today and it paid off again...
Got the 45 Mercury dime at 6" with a good high tone... The 1930 Buffalo nickle was at 7", it's first buffalo I've found that I can actually read the date on... It was giving my CZ an iron sound most of the time, popping to pull-tab every now & then. I think on the really deep ones, the machine just doesn't ID properly... The wheaties are a 36, a 44, and a 56d, all about 6" down...
Also found some kind of an old pin, or brooch, looks to be brass... I can't tell if them are initials, or what? ???
Hope ya all had? a great day! The silver made my day... ;D
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

Attachments

• 0409.JPG
    0409.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 0
Re: 45 Merc & More...

Great job and you are just another example that shows that "hunted out" places do not exist. I am looking to find my first "old" coin...hope its something like you found. I would love to find a Buffalo Nickel!

Steeler Fan

Shure looks like Letters to me.

Cool Find !
J E F F

Thanks all!
Hang in there Steeler fan,,, I'm sure it won't take ya long...
Yep Jeff, it looks like letters,,, about 15 of them all intertwine together...? ;D ??? :-\ :( >:( :'( :-[ :P

man Leon those are some nice coins!I have yet to find A buffalo or A mercury dime.that pin looks really old!I've never seen one like it.your sure know where to go ! H.H.

Nice Work Leon. The Silver and Buffalos are great. Sounds like your really getting the Hang of the CZ. I think everyone that owns one has the same learning curve as the Excalibur, but they love em. Once you learn on a machine like that it really performs and its starting to show in your finds. Great work again and HH.

Great stuff,

love the pin/broach thing!

Find more, dig more, post more!

HH

Lonewolfe

great finds leon.proves nothing is hunted out if you have the knowledge and patience.great job!

bigrig

poolboy said:
man Leon those are some nice coins!I have yet to find A buffalo or A mercury dime.that pin looks really old!I've never seen one like it.your sure know where to go ! H.H.

This particular park has been pretty good to me, I usually always at least find a wheatie.
I alway talk about this park being hunted out because my cousin, and a few other guys I detect with, have hit this site hard.
They tell me stories of finding 5, or 6 pieces of silver each, just a few years back..
I think my cousin has taken something like a few hundred silver coins from this site over the past few years...

Need to find another spot like this, so I can get in on all that fun... Multiples :o
Only advise I give ya, is to try and find a site that is very old, and was very well populated in the past...
Thanks again, All
Good luck & Happy Hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back