44 Is The Lucky #

F

Floater

Well I finally got out this afternoon for about an hour and a half. I hit a house scheduled for demo that was built in the 30s. It was a wood home that had extensive remodeling done over the years and the yard was really trashy. I went slow but hit certain areas. The front walk and then the side to the gate and then the back yard by the door and then the center grass strip in the drive area. I pulled a dime first then a nickel. When it came out I knew it was an old one but kept on going. Hit a few pennys and then two more dimes another nickel and two more pennies. Got home and could hardly wait to get the magnifying glass out. MY FIRST WAR NICKEL ,1944 P YAHOO.
Two Wheats one Wheat is a 44 and one a 51. Total 44 Cents. Now is that wild or what? HH

Attachments

• 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 464
  • warnick.jpg
    warnick.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 462
  • warnickrev.jpg
    warnickrev.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 449
Upvote 0
That is pretty wild Floater...

If you get back over there look around not too far from the back door for where the clothes line might have been.

Nice haul. Go back again and really scrub the coil for those dimes standing on edge. The clothesline tip is a great producer. Under trees is usually good too.

Thanks folks. I am going back as I think the Doser is going in monday. Its a big yard but afterI hit it slow just before I left I did a little quick run around. No hits really and the yard has so many iron sprinler lines I keep going dead on the tone. Also a lot of copper in the ground from telephone and other wire. When they remodeled this place the contractors must of just used the yard for a dump and then cleaned up just before the last sodding. I hope that when they demo and scrape it I can get back to it. Im off to New York for a weekend trip to visit a sick relative so I dont know if I'll have time.I will post if I do though. I'm sure some good stuff has to be there.HH

Nice finds Float!

HH

Lonewolfe

I love any type of silver coins but those War Nickles hold some real History.

A mighty find!!

Keep at it and HH!!

Attachments

• silverbars.jpg
    silverbars.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 356
  • silverbars.jpg
    silverbars.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 354
try to find where they dump the soil that they bulldoze out. Nice nickle I found a 41 yesturday close but no cigar.

Nice find Floater..........

maybe you should go and use that lucky number on the lottery!!!!!! :D

Nice finds Floater! Not sure but, are the war nickels really silver? I'm under the impression they are not silver but I don't know for sure. HH, Mike

Bavaria Mike said:
Nice finds Floater!? Not sure but, are the war nickels really silver?? I'm under the impression they are not silver but I don't know for sure.? HH, Mike

I think they are 35% silver.

I thought I was past the 1944 omen, but darn if here isn't another! JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back