Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
40 Yr.'s Too Late I was Told.......

Some of the farm's I'm fortunate to hunt at Antietam/Sharpsburg have given up some sweet find's......And when I asked one particular farmer for permission his reply was " Your 40 Yr.'s Too Late" :wink:

P5280045.JPG

I'm thinking 140+ Year's.....Cool Stuff :)

Upvote 0
Re: 40 Yr.'s Too Late I was Told.......

Maybe 140+/- years too late, but still crushing with those Antietam finds :headbang: They didn't get it all!!!! Happy to see you liked my library checkout.... ;D ;D ;D Guess I've gotta hide my library books......I'll never get ahead.....JK... :D :D :wink: :-* uvul

I'm glad they got the horse and mule anyway.....wouldn't be much of them to find after 140 years

I wonder what 1168 rifles, muskets and carbines would be worth today

I had an experience similiar to that..The farm next to my parents' place in Manassas, was all woods up to the '50's. The guy that farms it for hay now told me that he worked for 50 cents a week as a kid clearing the land. He told me they had hundreds of old rusted muskets & swords that they pulled out of the field & just tossed them over the old stone wall that they made as they were clearing.....Of course all of that stuff is long gone..all I ever found was an old spiked pistol.

Jon

Could you imagine getting your hands on some of those items :dontknow: Wait, look who I am talking to, you already are getting a little piece of the action. :laughing9: The funny part is that there is still of ton of relics awaiting to be found again. Ahh, to have just a little piece of that history :headbang:

Pre relic hunting laws, pre national park service, what can you say?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back