4 wet silvers and other jewelry from the water, a couple of whatzits from the farm

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
It has been 3 weeks since I hit the water in this park so I thought I’d check to see what has been lost. I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPro and covered one of the 3 swimming areas and some of the beach. I found 30 coins with a face value of $3.00 that included 2 foreign coins, assorted pieces of jewelry, a weird piece of stainless, a fishing lure, sinkers (of course), a toy car, a little foil and NO TABS.

DSCN3315.jpeg

The two earrings on the left are silver with czs. The cute little teddy bear is just a cheapie. The earring back was only about a foot away and it is a different kind of back that fits this teddy bear earring.

DSCN3316.jpeg

The foreign coins are both Colombian 100 pesos. They were mid tones and rang up as 66 and 70. With those number they are the right color, but the wrong metal. I check the value and they are worth 2.4 cents each so together they are not quite worth a nickel.

DSCN3317.jpeg

The weird piece of stainless is marked LEONE LL 9. With a little checking I found out it is dental metal and is part of a Palatal Orthodontic Dental Expansion device. How someone lost that in 4 feet of water is a mystery.

DSCN3318.jpeg

IMG_2427.png

DAY 2
I went back to the park and worked on a second of the 3 swimming areas. I did a lot of the water and some of the beach. I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPro and found 28 coins with a face value of $2.41, assorted jewelry, sinkers, tabs, magnets, foil and a few hairpins. The magnets are on the left in the picture. The balls, rods and bands are all magnets. When you are looking for the small golds you have to scoop up those loud strong signals even if you are sure they are junk.

DSCN3320.jpeg

One stud earring and the tiny ring are silver. The stones are all czs of course (I tested to be sure). The belly button ring and the ball for the end were found far apart. They fit together even though they may not have been lost by the same person.

DSCN3321.jpeg

DSCN3322.jpeg

I found 3 whole tabs and 1.5 of another one. Finding tabs is bad enough but do they have to break them up so we now have to scoop tab slaw as well? I also found a new buffalo nickel. Not the kind we want to find, but still not one we find very often.

DSCN3323.jpeg

DSCN3324.jpeg

The necklace was a thrill to find until I saw the clasp and I was about 99% sure it was stainless. The dog tag pendant is different. It had a family picture on it, not in very good shape after its time in the sand but kind of cool anyway.

DSCN3325.jpeg

DAY 2 PART 2
While I was detecting at the elementary school last week a man approached me and told me about his farm near a local civil war site and asked if I would like to detect there. He wants to get into metal detecting so I brought an extra detector and pinpointer for him to use. Another person had detected there a little, but nobody gets it all and there is a lot of ground to cover so I went hoping we got lucky.

He joined me after I had started and he shadowed me and I showed him how things work. He got to hear the signals and how I choose what to dig. I was only there for 1.5 hours because it was sunny and 95 plus and my clothes were soaking with sweat.

I found 2 quarters, a penny size piece of copper or brass that looks like it was hit dead center by a .22 bullet, a brass plate, a 1985 rabies tag, a lead ball, a brass shell casing, copper jacket bullets, aluminum cans and lids and a couple of tabs. Before I left I found a buried electrical wire he had been trying to locate. I’ll go back when it’s cooler and see if I can locate anything from the civil war.

DSCN3326.jpeg

DSCN3330.jpeg

The brass plate has a bar across the center and 4 holes so it can be screwed down. It also has a product or mold number on the back. Not sure exactly what it is.

DSCN3329.jpeg

DSCN3331.jpeg

The lead ball has a hole that goes all the way through. It is small on one side and larger on the other. It also looks like it was cut off. No white coating so I’m guessing not in the ground very long. Possibly a homemade net weight.

DSCN3327.jpeg

NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found a quarter on the floor at the convenience store and 2 quarters in vending machines at the mall. We are walking there because it is just too hot to walk outside. Not a lot of coins, but I’m $0.75 richer.

We are going to New Mexico to visit my daughter so I was only able to detect 2 days this week. I may get a chance to detect while I am there. If anyone in the Santa Fe area could point me to places I could try detecting I would appreciate it. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 20
DAY 1
It has been 3 weeks since I hit the water in this park so I thought I’d check to see what has been lost. I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPro and covered one of the 3 swimming areas and some of the beach. I found 30 coins with a face value of $3.00 that included 2 foreign coins, assorted pieces of jewelry, a weird piece of stainless, a fishing lure, sinkers (of course), a toy car, a little foil and NO TABS.

View attachment 2155086

The two earrings on the left are silver with czs. The cute little teddy bear is just a cheapie. The earring back was only about a foot away and it is a different kind of back that fits this teddy bear earring.

View attachment 2155087

The foreign coins are both Colombian 100 pesos. They were mid tones and rang up as 66 and 70. With those number they are the right color, but the wrong metal. I check the value and they are worth 2.4 cents each so together they are not quite worth a nickel.

View attachment 2155088

The weird piece of stainless is marked LEONE LL 9. With a little checking I found out it is dental metal and is part of a Palatal Orthodontic Dental Expansion device. How someone lost that in 4 feet of water is a mystery.

View attachment 2155089

View attachment 2155100

DAY 2
I went back to the park and worked on a second of the 3 swimming areas. I did a lot of the water and some of the beach. I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPro and found 28 coins with a face value of $2.41, assorted jewelry, sinkers, tabs, magnets, foil and a few hairpins. The magnets are on the left in the picture. The balls, rods and bands are all magnets. When you are looking for the small golds you have to scoop up those loud strong signals even if you are sure they are junk.

View attachment 2155090

One stud earring and the tiny ring are silver. The stones are all czs of course (I tested to be sure). The belly button ring and the ball for the end were found far apart. They fit together even though they may not have been lost by the same person.

View attachment 2155091

View attachment 2155092

I found 3 whole tabs and 1.5 of another one. Finding tabs is bad enough but do they have to break them up so we now have to scoop tab slaw as well? I also found a new buffalo nickel. Not the kind we want to find, but still not one we find very often.

View attachment 2155093

View attachment 2155085

The necklace was a thrill to find until I saw the clasp and I was about 99% sure it was stainless. The dog tag pendant is different. It had a family picture on it, not in very good shape after its time in the sand but kind of cool anyway.

View attachment 2155094

DAY 2 PART 2
While I was detecting at the elementary school last week a man approached me and told me about his farm near a local civil war site and asked if I would like to detect there. He wants to get into metal detecting so I brought an extra detector and pinpointer for him to use. Another person had detected there a little, but nobody gets it all and there is a lot of ground to cover so I went hoping we got lucky.

He joined me after I had started and he shadowed me and I showed him how things work. He got to hear the signals and how I choose what to dig. I was only there for 1.5 hours because it was sunny and 95 plus and my clothes were soaking with sweat.

I found 2 quarters, a penny size piece of copper or brass that looks like it was hit dead center by a .22 bullet, a brass plate, a 1985 rabies tag, a lead ball, a brass shell casing, copper jacket bullets, aluminum cans and lids and a couple of tabs. Before I left I found a buried electrical wire he had been trying to locate. I’ll go back when it’s cooler and see if I can locate anything from the civil war.

View attachment 2155095

View attachment 2155099

The brass plate has a bar across the center and 4 holes so it can be screwed down. It also has a product or mold number on the back. Not sure exactly what it is.

View attachment 2155096

View attachment 2155097

The lead ball has a hole that goes all the way through. It is small on one side and larger on the other. It also looks like it was cut off. No white coating so I’m guessing not in the ground very long. Possibly a homemade net weight.

View attachment 2155098

NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found a quarter on the floor at the convenience store and 2 quarters in vending machines at the mall. We are walking there because it is just too hot to walk outside. Not a lot of coins, but I’m $0.75 richer.

We are going to New Mexico to visit my daughter so I was only able to detect 2 days this week. I may get a chance to detect while I am there. If anyone in the Santa Fe area could point me to places I could try detecting I would appreciate it. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Great finds 👍!

You've done well once again.
The heavy brass piece could be from a slide bolt.
Pepperj I think you might be on to something. I can’t find one just like it online, but to me it looks like the best possibility so far.

Thanks for your support and your reply. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

DAY 1

View attachment 2155086

View attachment 2155087

View attachment 2155088

View attachment 2155089

View attachment 2155100

DAY 2

View attachment 2155090

View attachment 2155091

View attachment 2155092

View attachment 2155093

View attachment 2155085

View attachment 2155094

DAY 2 PART 2

View attachment 2155095

View attachment 2155099

View attachment 2155096

View attachment 2155097

View attachment 2155098

NON DETECTOR FINDS

That lead ball with the hole looks like a shotgun slug. Maybe from deer season.

That lead ball with the hole looks like a shotgun slug. Maybe from deer season.
Thanks for the input. I hunted deer for years with a shotgun and have found a lot of different types of shotgun slugs. This is not a slug, the shape is not right and it is way too heavy.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back