✅ SOLVED 4 Mystery old home or farm finds...

jgospoda

Oct 12, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Thanks to everyone for their help with my other finds! Amazing stuff I'm learning.... :-)

I found these items in different locations but am interested if anyone knows more.

One looks like an old bronze spigot
One is a number tag found buried deep
One is an ornate copper or this bronze item
The last is a perhaps more modern piece with a plastic dome in it. Maybe an old car part or light housing?

I'm most interested in the ornate item and number tag.

Thanks!

ForumRunner_20131101_221844.png

ForumRunner_20131101_221853.png

ForumRunner_20131101_221905.png

ForumRunner_20131101_221915.png

ForumRunner_20131101_221926.png

ForumRunner_20131101_221937.png

The bronze spigot thing might also be part of an old oil or gas lamp. Most likely used for one of the two , water or gas. Same with the ornate brass, copper bezel. I find tons of oil or gas lamp parts like that a lot of parts were made of copper, brass because it did'nt make a spark.

Upvote 0
Perhaps that's a dairy/cow tag. :dontknow:
I agree with Helix on the old lamp pieces. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Upvote 0
I would say gas lamp too. First thing that popped to mind when I saw that gooseneck on pictures load

Upvote 0
I believe your guess that the bracket with the plastic lens is a car part, is correct. Mid 60's Mopars used a similar light to yours in the interior under the dash, so it might be from one of their models or some other car company that used something similar.

Upvote 0
The round tag could be off all kinds of things. I just found a cremation tag that looks just like it but has the company name on it as well as their town in Ohio.

Upvote 0
The round tag could be off all kinds of things.

I have seen many tags like that at mines. I still have all my old miners brass from all the mines i work in.

The tag could be what is called miners brass. when the miner entered a mine they would hang the tag on a board at the entrance so that if there was a accident they knew who was in the mine.
the miner would carry one and hang one then they could identify the body even if it was ash.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/123877590/vintage-brass-mining-tag-number-round?ref=market
Many farmers in coal country or gold country worked winters in the mines.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back