kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I spent four days in northern Utah and found a chunk of new change. The first day I found 91 coins and one silver ring in the late afternoon,the rings was a mans with circles and lines. This was three hours in the afternoon. The second day I found 170 coins and a small silver CTR ring. the third day I was able to pull 207 coins from the ground,including 80 quarters. I found 4 silver rings that day,three ctr's and a nice mans nike ring. On the final day I found 267 coins,my second highest total of the year,this included 108 quarters and two more silver rings, a large mans CTR ring and a womans silver ring with a cubic zirconium.
Of the 735 coins,2 were presidential dollars,266 quarters and 239 dimes. It was a nice four days, to bad I can't find that many coins locally anymore. HH...Kane23

Upvote 0
Wow that sounds like a lot of digging but well worth the time spent there. :thumbsup:

WHOA ! Where you detecting in a bank ;D That's like a year's haul for me :o What type of an area where you hunting in? Dd you get anything old? WTG :thumbsup:

Acevillav

acevillian, schools and Universities,I have around 8500 coins so far this year,HH...Kane23

Wow, 108 Quarters in one day. :o I have found over 200 coins in one outing before but I think my best Quarter total for the day is too embarrassing to post. ;D

Wow, that is an amazing amount of clad!!

The ratios don't seem right....over 500 of your 735 coins were dimes and quarters? You must have passed up a bunch of the zinc pennies, because with those ratios, you should have found in excess of 400-500 pennies. Were you digging low conductors too? Sounds like you "cherry pick" signals, while passing over others. I do the same when I hunt for the deeper old coins in my local parks.

Congrats. You must be in pretty good shape!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Captn'SE,
If i'm looking for a lot of clad I discriminate out all the zinc pennies and most of the nickels. I still find some,like when two zincs are together and give a better signal or a nickel is part of a pile. If I lived where I was detecting I would search all those areas with lower discrimination and look for gold rings,i'm sure I passed one or two up.
Plebah,what message? I don't have a PC or digital camera, sorry and I won't have either anytime soon,I spend my extra money on my ancient coin collection....Kane 23

Kane,

Have you come north for some cool weather or did you plan a trip to just MD? Is there a method or are you just driving around and hitting what looks good?

When you finish PM me with some of the locations. I'll go and find what you left :wink: :thumbsup:

take care and enjoy!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back