3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
Finally decided I should join in the fun as I have been lurking here for about a year now. First off I'd like to give a thumbs up to Marc for creating TN, this is an awesome sight, full of great information and good people to boot! My name is Stewart and live in Golden CO (thats right, Coors-town). I am forty something years old, married and have been detecting for about 4 years now. I hunt with a Whites MXT that I love. It has paid for it self several times over with clad that I have found. I started out by hunting mainly the sand piles and wood chips at the parks and school yards where the majority of the clad was found. About my second trip out with my detector, attempting to learn what it was telling me, I was hunting an older park west of Denver and found two Barber dimes in the same hole and thought that " wow, this is easy!". I have since been humbled! I have been back to that particular park many times since, as well as many of the other older mountain parks Denver manages and have only found a hand-full of wheaties. So my two Barber dimes, a 1905s and a 1912d are my best coin finds to date. It amazes me some of the stuff I have found, pieces of dentures, bullets in elementary school yards, and yes, the 1,324,333(estimated) pull tabs that have been recovered causing so much wear and tear on my knees! I pretty much dig every thing every where I detect. As a result, I have found several nice rings that I will attempt to post as my time permits. This past year I have moved away from hunting the sand lots so much and been looking for "older" sites in the hopes of finding more old coins. As a result the $ amount of clad recovered this year has dropped dramatically and the search for a good, untouched old site continues.
In addition to metal detecting I love to flyfish which I have gotten my wife into(though she still hasn't been bit by the dirt-fishing bug yet!). Depending on my mood, I spend my down time doing one or the other. Colorado is great for the outdoor activities, however anywhere near Denver it is difficult to find places not covered with trash(the 1.3 million pull tabs mentioned above).
I hope that every one has a great Labor Day weekend and has lots of finds to show off!
tight lines and HH all!
3xflyfisher

3x, Thanks for the introduction. Welcome aboard.

I can't wait to see some of your finds. :)

flyfisher, nice intro. Sounds like your an old hand at detecting.
Post some pics- even clad and other stuff is nice to see.
Remember lots of people only have average finds- Me being one of them! LOL
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back