Southwest Idaho
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the third season I've hunted this private permission. I've found some good relics there, but its been mainly bullets, cartridges, buttons and a few odds and ends. But today I turned a plug and to my surprise I saw a whole Model 1874 enlisted belt buckle. There's quite a bit of iron scattered around so I was using my Etrac in two tone ferrous mode and digging all high signals. As I recall, the signal came through as a 7-42, but I was so excited I'm honestly not sure. I've always wanted to find one, but didn't think it would ever happen. I'm stoked. It even makes the hot weather seem tolerable.

Attachments

• 20230724_081508.jpg
    20230724_081508.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 102
  • 20230724_081431.jpg
    20230724_081431.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20230724_082753_965.jpg
    IMG_20230724_082753_965.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20230724_081524.jpg
    20230724_081524.jpg
    589.6 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 42
Nice! Still on my list. In the second pic there is also a button in the upper left corner. Did you also recover it?

Nice recovery! I don't think I'll forget the rush I had when I unearthed an 1839 issued plate earlier this year in February. I'm will to bet you won't either!
It'll be a long time before I top it if ever. I mainly hunt Indian War sites so plates aren't common. Thanks!

This is the third season I've hunted this private permission. I've found some good relics there, but its been mainly bullets, cartridges, buttons and a few odds and ends. But today I turned a plug and to my surprise I saw a whole Model 1874 enlisted belt buckle. There's quite a bit of iron scattered around so I was using my Etrac in two tone ferrous mode and digging all high signals. As I recall, the signal came through as a 7-42, but I was so excited I'm honestly not sure. I've always wanted to find one, but didn't think it would ever happen. I'm stoked. It even makes the hot weather seem tolerable.
Very nice plate! Congratulations

Oh wow! Congrats!

Nice find!! Iโ€™m still holding out for a plate or some buttons on the Indian war site that I hunt.
They don't come up often it seems, but ever now and then I hear of one. Not as common as the Civil War sites.

Great Save of the belt plate. This will display well. Congrat's, and Continued Success to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back