3rd day newbie

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
3rd day detecting, 3rd day in the back yard, I have found 2 silver dimes now, 2 quarters, 12 wheaties,and 1 buffalo nickle. Plus a whole lot of this and that,toy car, marble, the headless soldier lol etc. Now for the front yard. I bet if A veteran MDer were to do my yard theyd get a good haul. I have got an old well on the side of my house, that is the area im finding most of the wheaties and the buffalo. The well is about 10 feet down and about 6 feet wide, there is a capped pipe on one side on the bottom. It looks like an old well that used a bucket and then later a pump was put on. Is there an easy way to detect the bottom without the pipe interfering? Should I even try detecting down there? I will be putting my whole "first timer" collection together in a pic and post them this weekend. (can you tell im excited about my new hobby?) ;D

Upvote 0
Congrats,

Looking forward to Pics

J E F F

Keep up the good detecting there Mystro7 and how about some pic's of your finds. I sounds like your becoming a pro in your own yard too.

? ? ? ? ? Nice finds!!? Sounds like your getting it figured out quick. Looking foward to hearing of future finds.? ?WTG!? Welcome aboard. ? ? HH

your well on your way to finding the good stuff ! be careful going into that well! If you do ,I would have somebody near at all times!!! good luck!!

Sounds like you've got a great yard for some goodies.

How old is your house anyhow? Where are you located?

Great finds by the way :)

Rod

If it is possible to get done inside the well I would do it just be careful and diffinately have someone with you. I know as a kid I was throwing money down wells all the time. Theres no telling what you'll find down there. Congrats on all of your finds.

sounds like a great yard for hunting! i have found at least 80 coins in my own including mercs wheats and silver rosies.

bigrig

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back