37 Year old Gold Ring "That is older than me!"

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005
37 Year old Gold Ring "That is older than me!"

Hey guys, haven't posted in awhile, been busy working, and have not been finding much but clad when I have had the time to hunt.? That is untill today.? I tried an elementary school that I have never been to before in a neighboring town, and? I had one of my best days treasure hunting that I have ever had.? The gold ring is a 10k gold 1968 class ring, and is the fourth gold ring one that I have found to date.? This means that the person who lost this, if they are still alive today, is 55 years old WOW Cool!? It was only about 2 inches down, and was bent when I found it, but I fixed it with my ring sizer.? This is the first class ring that I have found!? I have found 2 gold rings in the past 2 weeks, wow ;D.? I am definately hooked on metal detecting!? Here is a description of the other stuff found, the cross looks like it was gold plated, but the "diamonds" sure do sparkle like they are real.? I wish I had a diamond tester to check, may have to get one in the near future.? The silver looking ring is pewter I believe.? There is a Boy Scout pin, 2 costume jewelry charms, a button and a fish pendant.? I also found $1.01 in clad including a 1956 wheatie.? Oh, I also found a bunch of trash >:(? Hope you guys enjoy the pics, I may try to post a better one of the class ring.

Enjoy,
Loren Farrar
Founder of http://www.easystopgiftshop.com

Attachments

• Saturday14thfinds.jpg
    Saturday14thfinds.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 387
  • Ringfindsat14th.jpg
    Ringfindsat14th.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 348
Upvote 0
Re: 36 Year old Gold Ring "That is older than me!"

YAAAA!!!!!!!! Way to go! That is awesome, cool finds man! That HAD to have been a good feeling finding that! There is just something about today, everyone has done SO WELL! Congrads on your finds and good luck on your next hunt. :)

Re: 37 Year old Gold Ring "That is older than me!"

Congrats on the gold! Imagine if you could find the owner of the ring, what a thrill it would be to return the ring after so many years. I lost my class ring 25 years ago, I know the general area it was lost in and plan on hunting for it this August when I get back to Ohio. BTW, I'm in Germany

Welcome back LMD! Nice days work. Congrats on the double gold!!!~CO2 ;D

Congrats on the nice finds.

May I ask what you meant by "The gold ring is a 10k gold 1968 class ring, and is the fourth gold ring one that I have found to date. This means that the person who lost this, if they are still alive today, is 55 years old WOW Cool! "

If they are still alive today?! >:(

Not sure, I am going to do some research and see if I can find the owner.

The class ring is definately exciting. I used to work at a high school and I remember a policeman that used to beep on the side. He would go to old high schools where they would tear up the old bleachers or go to old football fields that aren't used any more. He happened to find a class ring and came to my office to try to locate the person. The field that he found it at was about 60 miles from our school.

The search was fun. First of all you are looking for someone by their initials. Next, you are looking for someone from their sophomore class. Since students move alot after their sophomore class you might even want to check out the year books from their freshman class too.

And yes, oddly enough, there are still people alive in their 50's. They may even be able to remember their high school days! What a thrill that would be to contact them. If you find a name. Try going to www.Switchboard.com to try to find them.

Have Fun!

Very nice love the finds,found a cub scouts pin just like that.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back