May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, it's been a great couple of days. I found about 30 older wheats + 3 silvers in 2 days! I went to the 1840s neighborhood that was the original in my city and started detecting at the first house I knocked on. I just finished it up today and will be continuing down the line so expect more great finds and videos!

First off here's the video

And here is the SILVER :O
DSC_0001.jpgDSC_0002.jpgDSC_0003.jpgDSC_0004.jpgDSC_0005.jpgDSC_0006.jpg

Thanks for looking and happy hunting from Michigan!

Upvote 3
Nice finds! I am still look for my first silver.

Thanks everyone. On my F2 I have the small coil, but currently I'm using a borrowed Spectrum XLT which does not. I can't imagine going back to the F2 just to use the small coil, and don't plan to purchase one for the borrowed detector because I am trying to save for an etrac.

Nice finds.

I actually keep meaning to ask what bug spray you guys use lol

I think I'll try this stuff because they were driving me NUTS!

That doesn't sound very safe lol

Great video. It does feel awkward trying to film when you on someone else property. Great finds. How did you approach the home owner to ask their permission?

Great video. It does feel awkward trying to film when you on someone else property. Great finds. How did you approach the home owner to ask their permission?

Well it was the first first house I knocked on, and all I did was say my name, what part of town I live in, that I metal detect for old coins and relics as a hobby, then asked if she would mind if I metal detected her property in hopes of finding some.

Simple as that.

Kudos for having the huevos to go ahead and ask - I've never done cold calls - but I think the time is coming !

Kudos for having the huevos to go ahead and ask - I've never done cold calls - but I think the time is coming !

I was scared to death for the first 2-3 houses, heart racing and all. After about 10 I didn't even hesitate. You should go for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back