3 old railroad buttons

downindixie

Oct 10, 2004
Oxford,Alabama
? ?The button on top was found in a local park and the back is gone,yet has a nice locomotive on the front.
? ? The one on the bottom left has a locomotive and the letters S.O.& Co on top and N.Y. on the bottom,the back is corroded to the extent that I can't see any letters.
? ? ?The one on the bottom right appears to have railroad tracks on it,it has no markings on the back.I'm really no sure if it is a railroad button.
? ? ?Both of the bottom buttons were found at a railroad station here in Oxford,Al that predates the civil war.

Upvote 0
Nice finds!Seems buckram is either a genius,a walking encyclopedia,or an extraterrestrial..........................I like to think of him as the latter :) for my own conscience sake! ;D

;) I think extraterrestrial 8) To have so much history knowledge he must have been watching ManKind for a very long time. I come in peace.The forum loves you Buckram

Buckram I am continually impressed with your button, pin, badge etc, knowledge!! Very impressive and I must say you my friend are an expert!! Good Luck!!

I found one of the buttons on top and I'm glad to know something about it now. This forum is a welcome addition to day to day diggin' operations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back