3 More IHs / Silver Thimble / Updated: 2 more IHs,,, & 2 Vs...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
3 More IH's / Silver Thimble / Updated: 2 more IH's,,, & 2 V's...

Hello all,,,
I went back to the spot I call the Indian graveyard were I found 7 IH's and a few old nickles just a while back...
I was out for about 3 hours and found " 3 " more Indian Head Cents, 1876, 1894, 1899, a 1936 Buffalo Nickle, and " 5 " wheaties... Also found my first steerling silver thimble, size: 8? Pretty cool,,, love them first... ;D
Hope ya all had a great day...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Attachments

• 050605.JPG
    050605.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0
Re: 3 More IH's / Silver Thimble

Nice finds. I am still hoping for old stuff like yours...oldest coin I have found to date is 1966 >:( Been at it since April 12, this year...so still hoping.

Awsome finds Leon! I havent been able to get out lately, been working to much. HH!

Fox

Hey, Nice finds. I love the older coins, hopefully I'll be finding more as soon as my new ACE250 shows up. Keep Diggin'
HH
Greg

Nice going Leon. Those silver thimbles are really nice. I found one last year, and thats the only one I have found. I just found a great way to clean the Indian heads. There was a guy at the BONE (best of the North East) show who said to put them in Hydrogen Peroxide for a day or so and then clean them off. I have tried it on a few and it works great. Give it a try...Congrats on some great finds...Lance

Don't you just love the detail on that thimble! Those are really great finds!

Nana ?;)

Nice digs Leon. Those coins are awesome! And a silver anything is like icing on the cake. Nice work!!!!

Nice digs Leon. The 76 is a nice one. I also like the silver thimble. There nice to find. Keep up the good hunting.

Take care Jer

Excellent digs Leon. Hitting those older deeper Indian head cents and nickels
sure can make a guys day. Maybe the site will yield a silver coin or two for ya.
Best of luck to you on raising some more indians from the dead.

Re: 3 More IH's / Silver Thimble / Updated: 2 more IH's... & 2 "V's"

Hey all,,,
Sorry, it's taken me awhile to get back to the post. The forum is growing so fast, I can't keep up. Going to have to break down and buy me some of them things they call glasses? ::)
Thanks for the reply,,, This particular site has been good to me, no silver, other than the thimble, but I have found a total of 12 IH's, 4 liberty nickles, 2 shielded nickles, and numerous wheaties. I went back today for a few hours and found:
2 - IH's: 1887, 1906
2 - Liberty "V" Nickles: 1899, 1908
2 - Wheaties: 1919, 1941
As stated earlier,,, as long as it keeps producing,,, I'll be back... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Attachments

• 051105.JPG
    051105.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 166

Leon,Don't know how I missed such great finds.Realy nice digs.Let me tell on myself,I have found a few thimbles before and trashed them,bent and such,never thought about they could be silver :-[. Have seen quite a few on the forum.Never to old to learn.HH ;D

Re: 3 More IH's / Silver Thimble / Updated: 2 more IH's,,, & 2 V's...

Great Looking Digs Congrats

HH

Twister

Re: 3 More IH's / Silver Thimble / Updated: 2 more IH's,,, & 2 V's...

Nice Digs..........Great going........hope there is more at that site,waiting just for You...H.H.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back