3 Indianapolis Railways Tokens

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,,,
I think my partners & I have pretty much beat a few of our favorite sites to death...
We hunted approximately 6 to 8 hours between Sat. & Sun. One of my partners found a 45 Merc, Only silver of the weekend, only three wheat's were found, one by my cousin, and the other two by the same guy that found the silver...
I did manage to find some neat little tokens. All three were in the same hole, stacked one on the other...
They're " Indianapolis Railways, Good for one fair " token. From what I can find out so-far is that they were probably use din the 50's?

Also, found this little plastic armydude. Says on the bottom, " Made in / British / Hong Kong. I'm guessing the British had control of Hong Kong at that time, maybe they still do, I don't know... Definitely didn't pay a whole lot of attention to history in school ?:(...
Almost forgot,,, the barrel broke off while in my pouch? :(? Haven't had much luck with gun barrels lately, hope their not trying to tell me something? ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Attachments

• IndyRRArmy.JPG
    IndyRRArmy.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 463
Upvote 0
Thats some cool finds Leon,I think you been in Minelab's garden. three tokens in one hole.Keep up the good work.HH

Good stuff!

HH

Lonewolfe

Thanks all,,,
Thanks for the info Buckram. I think these are the ones with the name Harry Reid as President... The cursive writing is very hard to read, but it looks like a good match to me. I'll have to let my brother know about the bus type tokens, when I showed him these, he told me he has had one of them for a while now. The one he has is the one with the bus on it. ;D

Very cool, Buckram...
I think his was the one from Indianapolis Transit, Inc...
Either way, I think they are a very cool find, as my father used to work for The Indianapolis Pulic Transit Corp. driving a bus for many years... He passed in 99, but he is with me in the field...
Thanks again...

Very interesting Leon. I have a roll of 40 in one of my display cases that I bought a few years back. Never knew the value until today.

Attachments

• P5020001.JPG
    P5020001.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 347
  • P5020003.JPG
    P5020003.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 322
Very cool Clump,,, I was reading a post on e-bay. The guy said they usually come on rolls of 40.
they must have sold them off after they quit using them, huh?

I liked the little toy soldier also,,, I just can't figure out what happen to his gun between the time I found it, and brought it home...
It looked fine when I stuck into my pouch... :'(
Thanls again all,,, Good luck & Happy hutning~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back