2ND HUNT AT THE NEW FIELD.....3 HRS .....NO CANNONBALLS THIS TIME.

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No cannonballs this time...and not a lot else either.

But a cool axe that I got my Dad to put in handle in after I cleaned it up.

I gave this axe and one of the cannonballs to the landowner...he was very pleased and invited me to go to this huge field anytime I want even though he won,t be home til next spring..so all turned out good !!!!!!

Plus another 27 acres he owns in another place !!

He took the bullet shown beside the axe...however I found another musket ball ..so all good again !!!

2013-09-09 18.22.41.jpg2013-09-09 18.49.00.jpg

THIS FIELD IS INFESTED WITH OXEN SHOES ..THESE MAKE ABOUT 25 SO FAR .

GOT TO BE SOME GOOD STUFF THERE SOMEWHERE. !!!!

Upvote 5
If you keep digging out the larger pieces of iron you WILL find the good stuff! And talking about good stuff, that French trade axe would have looked better in a display case(to me anyways) but I guess it has a new life even though it is a great old relic of about 250 years or so, it will live on still as it was intended

Ouch, I would have kept that trade axe and preserved it, and fixed up a 19th or 20th century one for the farmer(Unless he really appreciated the history of it). A zinc and lye or cider vinegar bath would have been better than a grinder. Nice site though!

YA...

The axe is pretty neat...but.... I got another one exactly like it ..found it at another Acadian site just down the road from that one.!!!! hehe...so I didn,t mind giving it to him.

And yes, I,m gonna fix it up and put in my display spot beside my cannonballs in the living room..will look great.

There has to be some really good stuff there somewhere..that a crap load of oxe shoes and a train ran threw the middle of the property also..can barely ssee where it used to run...plus the early 1900s basement that I haven,t investigated yet..

got high hopes for the site still...might try it again in the morning for 4 hrs.

Biggest problem with the field is it was bush hogged ...so the grass is like 4-6 inches high in most places..so I,m sure I,m missing some signals.....might explain why I,m not getting any coins....but I,m still picking up buttons and musket balls at 10-12 inches deep.

Maybe I,ll hit it again this winter when the grass is all dead and give it another going over.

Congrats on the finds, let me know if you need any help, I'm a good little digger! lol

Sort of gives me the idea of what George Washington would have looked like with a ball cap on. ;) :)

GOT TO BE SOME GOOD STUFF THERE SOMEWHERE. !!!! :icon_scratch: Aqua man you are finding THE GOOD STUFF ,

using a metal grinder to clean 250 year old relics may not be wise ,

mayBE WISER to ask the experienced finders before you clean some of THE GOOD STUFF

sweet old relic there....can't wait to see what else your going to pull out of there... beat that site to death..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back