2nd Half

jonw440

May 26, 2004
Central,MA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, M6, Classic ID
I have a place where there are three cellar holes and 8 fields from the 1800's.

I have NEVER found any coin other then clad before today.

I will have to wait for next spring to really go around the cellar holes as they are currently overgrown.

On the way back to the truck I walked the edge of the last field when I had a signal of 76. (Oh great another beer can)

I had dug up 9 beer cans previously.

Up popped this beauty about 4 inches down.
To bad I hit it with the shovel. >:(

This is my second Half dollar. The other one was 1/4 mile up the road in a different field.

resized_014-1.jpg

resized_015-1.jpg

Upvote 0
Sweet pull!!! :icon_thumright: I'm still looking for one of those!

Nice one! I see you used a DFX when you pulled that one...and it gave you a penny signal. I also use a DFX and I've found 7 silver halves since I've been hunting and of those 7 they all gave strong high 80s low 90s VDIs (half dollar) with the exception of one....my one and only Barber half...it gave a penny signal just like yours and was a big surprise when I dug it. I'm not discounting there may have been something else close to the Barber to skew the signal (I didn't find anything), but even today it remains a mystery to me. Thanks for sharing your find with us!

hey great find i got first on one of those this too and mine was a 1901 but yours is alot nicer than mine but great find!

Nice half dollar! Finding big silver never gets old!
Congratulations!!

Wish I could find one of those. Congrats on yours! Don't sweat the marks: it happens. But at least your got braggin' rights to the coin!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back