Of knowledge you shared

Your memory lives on
Grandma and Poppa's too
For the short time we had
For the love
And the way you cared

Thanks Pop

BEF,

I had to step away from your post for a few :'( :'( As I type this I still have tears flowing. You see, it will be 28 years on April 12, 1980 when my dad passed. I was 6 mos pregnant with my son at the time when Dad had a gall bladder surgery, it was septic poisoning that killed him right there in the hospital. Anyway, I was Daddy's baby, he too was my best friend. He's the reason I have the name "River Rat"...he pinned that name on me when I was knee high to a duck. We were fishing buddies.

Thank you, for your beautiful poem, a sweet tribute ...so many memories.

;) RR

What a wonderful tribute to your father.....I'm sure he is looking down and oh so proud of the lessons that you have learned.....and not forgotten...Steve

That was so beautiful . Thank you for sharing with all of us. Losing a parent is never easy and I am sure your dad would have been extremely proud of who you have become.

you never know how to appreciate somthing untill its too late.trust me i know.but do not greif rejoyce for the gates of heaven will open before you and yo will be with god.for no man can see me and live.
but like i said,
its painfull

treasureace12 said:
you never know how to appreciate somthing untill its too late.trust me i know.but do not greif rejoyce for the gates of heaven will open before you and yo will be with god.for no man can see me and live.
but like i said,
its painfull

I want you to know Ace you have something I didn't have at your age. You are a great young man and there have been times I have envied you. Some times when you have been on chat with me and you say I know it's late but I am waiting on my dad to get in before I go to bed. I have thought to myself I didn't have that chance or opportunity at your age. Treasure it my friend even when things don't go your way and trust me you about to have a few more than you probably had already of them as you head into your teenage years. Treasure every moment and item with him and your family too. You are blessed deeply with each of them, the lessons they teach you are for a life time and the moments you share are everlasting. There is one one today and it never returns, you can always start a new day, but you can never relive the day. Talk to you soon my young friend

River Rat said:
BEF,

I had to step away from your post for a few :'( :'( As I type this I still have tears flowing. You see, it will be 28 years on April 12, 1980 when my dad passed. I was 6 mos pregnant with my son at the time when Dad had a gall bladder surgery, it was septic poisoning that killed him right there in the hospital. Anyway, I was Daddy's baby, he too was my best friend. He's the reason I have the name "River Rat"...he pinned that name on me when I was knee high to a duck. We were fishing buddies.

Thank you, for your beautiful poem, a sweet tribute ...so many memories.

;) RR

YW, I'll be giving you a big hug on April 12th ok. A night or so before on a very cold and bitter night came in a freezing rain. A cow was trying to give birth to her new young. He checked them regularly when he knew they were due. He found the cow down and the calf breeched. In the pouring rain he did his best to free the new born calf and her mom. I was told hours and hours he stayed in the mud and rain trying to save them even after daylight came. They both perished too. He was taken to the hospital that day as his temp rose badly. He had been taking chemo and radiation for lung cancer. It has wiped out his immune system so from being so wet and cold he developed pneumonia, he just couldn't fight it no more so God took him home. He gave it his best to save something so dear to him and it was who/what he was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back