Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So I’ve been going back and forth on whether or not this ring is gold or gold plate. I did a specific gravity test and came up with high 10 karat, assuming I did the test correctly. Did a deep scratch with a triangle file and thought I saw a difference in the color and thought it must be heavy gold plate. The manufactures website says they specialize in high end plated jewelry.
All that being said I have a friend who owns a pawn shop and had him scan it today, it came up as 20k gold. So I’m counting it as gold based on the scan.
IMG_4398.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4394.jpeg
    IMG_4394.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Upvote 3
So I’ve been going back and forth on whether or not this ring is gold or gold plate. I did a specific gravity test and came up with high 10 karat, assuming I did the test correctly. Did a deep scratch with a triangle file and thought I saw a difference in the color and thought it must be heavy gold plate. The manufactures website says they specialize in high end plated jewelry.
All that being said I have a friend who owns a pawn shop and had him scan it today, it came up as 20k gold. So I’m counting it as gold based on the scan.View attachment 2173230
If a pawn shop says its 20K I would sell it to him for scrap 🤣

All that being said I have a friend who owns a pawn shop and had him scan it today, it came up as 20k gold. So I’m counting it as gold based on the scan.View attachment 2173230
When he tested it, did he test it in area that was filed?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back