993 KB · Views: 63
  • SDC13744.JPG
    SDC13744.JPG
    856.9 KB · Views: 60
  • SDC13734.JPG
    SDC13734.JPG
    667.9 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0
Very nice! Is there a thread about the chocolate swirl in the center?

I found that one back in Feb its probably going to be my year maker by the way its going. I believe its a Adena blade most of the points I have found in that area are Adena Ive gone back many times hoping to find another but so far none. Im going to enter it in the next Peach State show I should win something for it. I cant remember the post now but here is a better pic of it. I havent been there for a couple of months at the find site but will owners are nice and Im the only one allowed.

Attachments

• SDC13594.JPG
    SDC13594.JPG
    876.7 KB · Views: 58
  • SDC13595.JPG
    SDC13595.JPG
    757.9 KB · Views: 75
I always wondered why people don't leave the broke ones behind for the next generation.
I suppose there's always the chance you might find the other half later, but isn't there some historical value to leaving some evidence at a site"? I've seen people here packing home every flake they find.

Just curious.

Nice point by the way.

Last edited:
Nice blade! The colorization is great! Nice frame too.

I always wondered why people don't leave the broke ones behind for the next generation.
I suppose there's always the chance you might find the other half later, but isn't there some historical value to leaving some evidence at a site"? I've seen people here packing home every flake they find.

Just curious.

Nice point by the way.

For me I’ve got a never ending investigation into the history of my family’s land so it’s all evidence, broken ones can still tell me what materials were being used, trade networks, range of the people, and for some you can still identify a point type or a rough age. As far as leaving some I do feel selfish at times but at the same time there’s a lot of material out there there’s no way I’ll get it all, anybody that wants to work for them like I do will get some

Last edited:

Just curious.

Nice point by the way.

Well the way no til is going there wont be any looking in a few more years I have seen the future on crops in some states already doing it they put down plastic and then plant the plants grow through the plastic and you never see the ground. So if I was to leave the bases for somebody else to find later it wouldnt happen. I like the half points just as much as the whole ones. I do leave the chips behind unless they are actually arrow points and you are thinking they are just debitage in my frame. I took a close pic for you so you can see they are in fact points true arrowheads. The one on the left is .5 of and inch one in the middle is 1 inch the other is around .75 of an inch. All surface finds no digging or sifting. Try finding one of them in a cotton field and see how you do with it. These tiny points believe it or not are 2500 to 1000 BP Woodland period and are called Valina if you care to look them up the one in the middle might be another type due to it being a much nicer point.

Attachments

• SDC13748.JPG
    SDC13748.JPG
    710.8 KB · Views: 52

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back