2013 Pull Tab Champ

kycoinguy

Jul 27, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, 12" coil, 12x10 S.E.F., 8x6 S.E.F., Prizm II, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently joined a detecting club here in Kentucky, and we had a competition hunt this evening at a park. They wouldn't say what "mystery" item we were looking for until we got there. It was announced that whoever had the most pull tabs, would win this little belt buckle/ bottle opener (kinda ironic) trophy with "2013 CKRRT Pull Tab Champ" (Central Kentucky Research and Recovery Team) engraved on it, and a silver dollar. We had only 2 hours to hunt and I knew exactly where I was going. I went right next to the picnic area. All in all I ended up winning with 110 pull tabs. I beat out the guy in 2nd by about 40. I know it's not much to brag about, but it made me happy. I just thought I would share.

2013 CKRRT Pull Tab Champ.jpg

Upvote 12
That Is Cool I'm working On Finding Enough Of those Old One's To Make Red A Necklace!!! Chug

Where can I turn in all my pull-tabs for a Peace dollar?

That is UBER COOL!!!! Congrats! :occasion14:

Cool prize and great idea! That is a lot of digging for pull tabs!

Cool prize and great idea! That is a lot of digging for pull tabs!

I was just thinking the same thing. Can you imagine what onlookers must've thought? When they saw all those people digging like badgers to get as many pull tabs as they could? I hope Sherriff Gumby doesn't see where they dug. ;) LOL

I saw that on Facebook yesterday. I wish I had made the hunt. Congrats on the award! Very cool.

Wow a 1922 silver dollar? Man, what a cool prize, and it looks like it is in beautiful shape. Good for you, nice digging!

Just thinking about this. ???? Did anyone find anything good ???? Lol

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

my kness hurt, and back is sore just reading this, congrats that is sweet

Hmmm all those pulltabs and not one ring.... Cool prize! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back