storyroad

Greenie
Nov 16, 2016
Monterey bay
Detector(s) used
White mxt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For my first post, I present this. Found between the cliff and that pile of pulled iceplant on a Santa Cruz, Ca. city beach. Found it a couple weeks ago. I figured it was caught up in the roots and pulled from the cliff. One person guessed it could be a lid that covered an urn. T'aint sure what it is. Anybody got a opinion? Oh,and thanks for the warm welcome given upon my introduction. Dan

Attachments

• IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0046.JPG
    IMG_0046.JPG
    447.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
too small or I would say it is a trivet

Upvote 0
Looks like part from a handheld mirror, or maybe the lid from a powder container. ...You know, for when a lady has to powder her nose. :P

Upvote 0
The style of the design reminds me of silverplate articles. When they started to cast stuff from a base metal, such as zinc, and plated it with silver the designs tended to be much more elaborate. I'm guessing that it was a silver plated trivet or coaster.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480774945.767258.jpg. If you google antique silver coasters you'll find lots more images. Cheers !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the input Bruce. I will check it out. On my way to work, looking at it, I thought of a piece of a gas stove, the cover that the fire goes around to make an even flame. Well, work today, digging tomorrow. Thanks again, Dan

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back