2 whatzitz

AlabamaRelic

Jul 2, 2009
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I found the two following items in the woods near the remains of an house. They were in the ground less than 4 inches deep. The first item appears to be a lid made from copper plated with a silver metal.

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00119.jpg

I thought it was a salt shaker lid when I first found it. But, after soaking in lemon juice it looks like a lid for pouring liquid through. It has 2 hole on the bottom and 1 on the top. It looks like it was filed on the flat side. The second item looks like it is broken on the threaded end.
I did electrolysis on it for a couple of hours. I need to fry it again
DSC00121.jpg

Thanks

albamared,

I can't see the pictures - but I have to let you know that the expression "I need to fry it again" caused me to laugh out loud. I love it.

Upvote 0
Alabamared said:
The pics show up on my screen. Can anyone else see them?

I can see them, dont know what they are but I do see them.

Upvote 0
Alabamared wrote:
> The pics show up on my screen. Can anyone else see them?

My web-browser, which is Internet Explorer 8, shows the photos just fine. There are four .jpg images in the post.

I don't know what the iron item specifically is. But the "coarse" threads on its end indicate it was intended to be screwed into wood or some other "soft" material, rather than metal.

Upvote 0
I can see them not sure what they are. maybe the first one, the lid,, was for vinegar for your greens. The second one do you think maybe a rifle sling??
Cook it some more !!!!

Upvote 0
might it be a whistle for a kettle??

Upvote 0
TnMountains said:
I can see them not sure what they are. maybe the first one, the lid,, was for vinegar for your greens. The second one do you think maybe a rifle sling??
Cook it some more !!!!

I've got the second item frying again. It's not for a rifle sling. It's 3 and 1/4 inches long. When I dug these pieces, I also dug flint chips and charcoal. That may be because the land had been plowed.

Upvote 0
The bolt thing goes to the front of a plow where the single tree goes there are holes in the piece on the plow and holes in the piece that fastens the single tree on the bolt holds both together.

P.S. doubletree sorry.

OkieHillBillies

Upvote 0
aka said:
might it be a whistle for a kettle??

Good eye! I would never have thought of tea kettle whistle. But that is what it is!

kitchenaid-gourmet-essentials-2-quart-tea-kettle.jpg

DCMatt :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back