2" sluice box adjustments????

rory griffin

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2013
The sluice box has almost no adjustment on my 2"Keene dredge forwards or backwards. The motor mount plate sits low witch causes the flare jet to hit the motor plate and not move forward so the box doesn't have enough fall to keep it form stoping up the material in the box. I believe I'm lose a lot of gold! I tested moving the floats back so the box would have enough fall this past weekend. It work good, i checked it with some small lead shot and all of it was in the first 1/3 of the box. But moving the floats makes it seem less stable in the water. Could use some ideas or advise on how to fix it.

Post a picture of your box, and someone who has or used to have that rig will chime in and help you out...

I think I mite have fixed it. took some longer bolts and raised the motor up about 1" and gave it enough room to slide forward, but I will post some pics for you!!

Attachments

• image-3070031741.jpg
    image-3070031741.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1016706883.jpg
    image-1016706883.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 97
About to head to the creek and try it out, got about 3 good hours of day light left.

Slide the sluice box forward,away for the motor,top of the box should be around where your second or middle strap is or a little past.This will give you some angle on the box,then adjust as needed. Wes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back