2 pennies and an old bottle cap.

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I took two foreign exchange students out metal detecting in my yard. While we were metal detecting we found two pennies. Afterward, we found a very old bottle cap. It’s very thick, and I don’t know how old it is, but it’s very interesting. What’s even more interesting Is that the bottle cap actually fits an 80+ year old bottle I found at my house in 2023!

It’s a Pepsi cap and a Coca Cola bottle so I don’t think they went together originally.

Pictures:

IMG_4248.jpeg

IMG_4249.jpeg

IMG_4251.jpeg

IMG_4252.jpeg

They were very happy to find these items.

Please let me know what you think of the bottle cap.

Jared

Upvote 7
So, I took two foreign exchange students out metal detecting in my yard. While we were metal detecting we found two pennies. Afterward, we found a very old bottle cap. It’s very thick, and I don’t know how old it is, but it’s very interesting. What’s even more interesting Is that the bottle cap actually fits an 80+ year old bottle I found at my house in 2023!

It’s a Pepsi cap and a Coca Cola bottle so I don’t think they went together originally.

Pictures:

View attachment 2166212

View attachment 2166213

View attachment 2166214

View attachment 2166215

Jared
Good job sharing the hobby with others

Pictures:

View attachment 2166212

View attachment 2166213

View attachment 2166214

View attachment 2166215

Jared
I think these days, especially where I am, finding anything coin wise is a win!

The height of the cap makes me wonder if it was off off a 2-liter. I’m guessing it is from a screw-top bottle.

The pepsi cap is threaded so it wouldn't be from a crown top bottle and is newer I'm sure.
Got any better pics of the glass? I haven't seen a Coke bottle like that.

The pepsi cap is threaded so it wouldn't be from a crown top bottle and is newer I'm sure.
Got any better pics of the glass? I haven't seen a Coke bottle like that.

Here’s the original thread where I found it and posted it. Very detailed pictures here.

That's a nice bottle, for sure. Grats and thanks for sharing.

Pictures:

View attachment 2166212

View attachment 2166213

View attachment 2166214

View attachment 2166215

Jared
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back