2 more coppers!

Dr Plugs

May 30, 2023
Made it back to the field where I found the 2 cent piece and a copper the other day. The hay was raked and taken off, but wasn't mowed very short to start with.

Only had 2 hours to hunt yesterday, put a new program on the deus 1. To try and get deeper, seemed to work, pulled a few relics and 2 more large cents. One is a 1828, and the other is 1832. Seems coins from this field get a nasty crust on them that is very hard to get off useing a toothpic and some elbow grease.

Attachments

• 20240528_173742.jpg
    20240528_173742.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 67
Upvote 17
you still did good :)

Great finds - congrats !

It's up to you but ... I've gotten very good results cleaning encrusted Copper's with "Andre Pencils".

Nice finds.

I always recommend Andre's pencils for crusty coins.
They work great and the coin already has environmental damage.

Made it back to the field where I found the 2 cent piece and a copper the other day. The hay was raked and taken off, but wasn't mowed very short to start with.

Only had 2 hours to hunt yesterday, put a new program on the deus 1. To try and get deeper, seemed to work, pulled a few relics and 2 more large cents. One is a 1828, and the other is 1832. Seems coins from this field get a nasty crust on them that is very hard to get off useing a toothpic and some elbow grease.
HEY, nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back