2 month soakings what is it

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has gone through 2 months of soakings in Apple Cider Vinegar. It was found in Burnt Cabins PA in the woods at an old foundation. Does anyone have an idea as of what it is or its age? I could not locate the well but did locate another foundation near it. No stones just gigantic circular hole in the ground with a big tree sticking out of it. It is magnetic

0520141230.jpg 0520141230a.jpg

I've got a few ideas, but have questions first: What size is it? Is that gilt or paint or the way it shows in the photo?

Depending on the size, it could be part of a Victorian fire screen or Vic. iron lattice work, or part of a Vic. fence.

Neat find :)
Breezie
VicScreen.jpg
VicLattice.jpg
VicFence.jpg

Upvote 0
Drawer handle (screws would go through holes in center of stars)??? Just a guess...

Upvote 0
Drawer handle (screws would go through holes in center of stars)??? Just a guess...

That's a good idea, but what it is depends on the size. Right now we don't know if it is the size of a Volkswagen or a match book! :laughing7: Beeps will be in later to give us the stats.
WELCOME to the forum,
:) Breezie

Upvote 0
Its about 10 inches long :) And Breezie it was totally rusted over and soaked for 2 months in apple cider vinegar with frequent changes. This is how it came out when it was finished.

Upvote 0
Its about 10 inches long :) And Breezie it was totally rusted over and soaked for 2 months in apple cider vinegar with frequent changes. This is how it came out when it was finished.

Beeps, it came out nice! It's hard to believe apple cider vinegar will remove heavy rust; I'll think about that the next time I put some on my salad! LOL

:)
Breezie

Upvote 0
Beeps, it came out nice! It's hard to believe apple cider vinegar will remove heavy rust; I'll think about that the next time I put some on my salad! LOL

:)
Breezie

Now I have seen the real effect of my daily morning slug of ACV ! It finally makes sense, being a RUST CLEANER :coffee2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back