2 Hikes to Old Wagon Trail

Lamy Lineman

Sep 27, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Equinox600, Whites MXT all Pro, Whites XL Pro, Whites Bullseye, Deteknix X-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for some swinging on old wagon trail around Santa Fe NM. Have not been out in a while, so much needed exercise, but awfully sore now. Anyhow, got the usual relics, pieces of horse & mule shoes, bullets, shells, pieces of chain, pieces of iron, & square nails. This trail is really old, note round ball, and old, looks like hand forged conquistador horse bridal (rein chain). Bullet shells are head stamped REM-UMC 38 WCF and W.R.A. Co 45-70. The last 3 pics are examples.
Thanks for looking, and keep on posting...

View attachment 1638937View attachment 1638938View attachment 1638939View attachment 1638940

Upvote 19
wow great relics That makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up The wagon trail of Santa fe New Mexico wowza wish I could be there

Last edited:
nice finds

Got out for some swinging on old wagon trail around Santa Fe NM. Have not been out in a while, so much needed exercise, but awfully sore now. Anyhow, got the usual relics, pieces of horse & mule shoes, bullets, shells, pieces of chain, pieces of iron, & square nails. This trail is really old, note round ball, and old, looks like hand forged conquistador horse bridal (rein chain). Bullet shells are head stamped REM-UMC 38 WCF and W.R.A. Co 45-70. The last 3 pics are examples.
Thanks for looking, and keep on posting...

View attachment 1638937View attachment 1638938View attachment 1638939View attachment 1638940

No idea if that is conquistador metal or not. Have you found any chainmail down there? I've watched a tv show called "found" on the history channel and a segment of it was about some people who had discovered some links of it . That would be amazing to find anything that could be linked to that time period!

Fabulous Lineman! simply fabulous!

"I've heard of "Spanish bits" and how inhumane they were but I've never seen one!

I can't wait till you heal up and go for another dose!

Great old relics.Congrats

Awesome relic finds:thumbsup:. A lot of history on that trail for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back