2 brinks boxes tonight.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
So, I had a buddy of mine order some halves from his bank, we picked them up, and they were the same brinks boxes I get from Wells fargo. I have had some good luck lately, (41 silvers out of the last three boxes). Until tonight that is. Out of both the boxes, there was one silver. a 40-%er. It is hard to open that many without any after getting so spoiled. Is it normal to have good numbers, then get skunked, then good numbers, then skunk? The thing that I found interesting, was that out of the entire box I opened, there were literally two that had been marked. I kept thinking we would find silver. Do you guys get excited when the coins you are opening look like they havent been marked and culled? Do any of you think it is an indication of finding silver? I am wondering if we should order more from this particular bank... (Just based on the premise that none of them were marked)?

Upvote 0
The quickest way to tell if you are going to find silver in a box is to see an ender. Not seeing an ender does not mean you won't find silver. Marks mean nothing.

It is all the luck of the draw! You never know what one box from the other will bring. Marked coins are a pain but they mean nothing as far as finding Silver goes. I once had 65 Silvers in one box and Zip in the other. One other time I went through a whole box with nothing until the last roll and that one had 7 Silvers in it!!!!!!!!.

1 per box is about the average for everyone here. Be happy you got at least one. Don't expect to get more than that per box. It seems like everyone gets happy over their first few box numbers. I'm assuming the first coins you picked up were probably just sitting in the back of the bank's vault for months. That might be why they were loaded with silver. You'll still occasionally find a great box, even if it is rare to find one. With the amount of people culling silver lately, the finds are just going to get smaller and smaller.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back