2 BEST FOR THE WEEKEND

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gotta say, the past 2 weeks have been very slow for detecting due to a lot of rain, and work issues. I never made it back to the church/school I was going to hunt this past weekend but, all is/was not a loss!

I met up with a friend I haven't seen in almost 3 yrs that invited me to hunt an old property with him that his great aunt owns about 2 hrs s/e from here, outside of the Detroit area. The farm was established in 1820 with an original 400 acres that now has 100 left for farming, and the other 300 containing old foundations of houses, barns, etc. in over grown fields, and a small section with 2 homes still occupied.

These are the 2 best items I found. The button was approx. 6 inches deep near one of the foundations, and the Bust 1/2 was in an open field area approx. 100 yrds from the same foundation at approx. 9 inches deep. It was mixed in with some rusted/rotted iron debri, and I scratched it with my shovel trying to dig it out not being careful because I thought it was a piece of iron junk? :'(.? I found a few other relics, etc. but they are really not worthy of showing. Also found 4 wheat pennies (gave them to my son), and some 1960s/70s clad. The GTI 2500 with the 12.5 loop was the machine used to find these items.

My buddy Steve was using his new Mine-lab Sovereign GT with a 10 inch coil, and found a cool old aqua blue bottle (blob top - circa 1860s) while digging some junk, a 1898 Barber quarter in an area that was a front yard of an old home, 2 mercury dimes, some wheats, some clad & a couple cool relics. Those GT's look like nice machines for the money (may have to get me one)!

HH

Lonewolfe

Attachments

• school 005.jpg
    school 005.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 413
Upvote 0
Really nice Coin Lonewolf. The area sounds great. Wish i was there. Hope you get to the school soon but now with this farm I guess the decisions will get harder on which one to hunt. Thats whats nice about having a few lined up though. you always have one or the other to look forward too. The button is sweet too. HH

%#[email protected] bad about that scratch. When I occasionally scratch a nice coin, I go to the coin shop to buy the same coin I found and in about the same condition exept it doesn't have a scratch on it. Cause when I would scratch a nice coin I used to flip, but not anymore with my new tactic. Has to be more were that came from. HH ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Matt

Floater said:
Really nice Coin Lonewolf. The area sounds great. Wish i was there. Hope you get to the school soon but now with this farm I guess the decisions will get harder on which one to hunt. Thats whats nice about having a few lined up though. you always have one or the other to look forward too. The button is sweet too. HH

Thanks Floater,

doubt I'll make it back to that farming property any time soon, it's too far away, and I have to be with Steve when/if I do because his great aunt doesn't want strangers out there alone I guess :-\

Looks like I'll be hitting that church/school soon though!

HH

Lonewolfe

Nice Button and Coin..........Well worth any amount of time it took to hunt for it...............

Thats some nice finds Wolfe,Sounds like you have a long time site and friend for hunts.Hope to see some great finds from the old farm.Take care havew fun and HH

Dang, I'm still waiting to find someting like that! Oldest find in the few months I have been doing this is 158 years newer!!(maple leaf penny)

Love that coin man. You earned it though. I hope to find one of those here one day. That thing is in great shape to.

Thanks for sharing it. Love to see those old coins.

Good luck Jeremy

WTG !! Thats what I think I can say we all look forward to finding. To bad you dinged it up, I did that to my Token :(

HH!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 204
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 164
AWESOME finds! I REALLY like that button! It is unlike any button ive ever seen. A very nice design on it. I actually like it better than the coin lol. But the coin IS nice to! Sounds like a VERY nice area to hunt. Looking forward to your return to that church, i suspect you will fare well there with it being a prime target and having your experience. Good luck on your next hunt, thanks for the detailed post and pics!

Thanks everyone,

heading out to a few old looking grassy areas behind some close by businesses to hunt for an hr or so rgt now.

Be back later with an update if I find anything good!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back