โœ… SOLVED 2 1/2 Inch Decorative Lead Disk - What is it?

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As the title says, this is 2 1/2" across, 1/4" thick, and weighs 4 1/2 oz. I'm quite sure it is lead, not an alloy like pewter or pot metal.

6oKbAFI.jpg

UXR1Cm1.jpg BzDQNwc.jpg

Found in the side yard of an old (1900 or so) farmhouse.

Possibly a 19th century tankard top, it's about the right size and where it would have been attached to the stoneware is broken off.

Upvote 0
Possibly a 19th century tankard top, it's about the right size and where it would have been attached to the stoneware is broken off.
Geeze you're fast! I swear your answer was waiting for me as soon as I hit the Post button! LOL!

Possibly. Good guess, at least. Better than anything I've come up with.

Upvote 0
Looks like a clock pendulum weight to me.

Upvote 0
Geeze you're fast! I swear your answer was waiting for me as soon as I hit the Post button! LOL!

Possibly. Good guess, at least. Better than anything I've come up with.

Looks like a clock pendulum weight to me.

Bingo!! The notches 180 degrees apart are what sold me on it, plus knowing that a pendulum weight would be heavy. Well done, men! Thanks.

Upvote 0
Bingo!! The notches 180 degrees apart are what sold me on it, plus knowing that a pendulum weight would be heavy. Well done, men! Thanks.

First of all, I see that I quoted the wrong post in my thank you reply. I intended to quote DefTone and creskol.

Secondly, I was kind of slow to realize that the one that Deftone posted is exactly the same pendulum weight as the one that I found. Not similar... the same!

Upvote 0
Always happy to help! Was gonna make the same reply as creskol, but noticed I was to slow. Made a search on ebay and got lucky. It was on the first page! We got a darn good crew here. I love it! Bring us more stuff to look at. 8-)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back