1st time out and got lucky

DFXaholic

Mar 19, 2005
Puyallup, Wa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, 11 inch coil, 13 inch coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today was my first time out ever and I'm glad I came across a man that had told me the history of the area. He took me to a place where he thought would be a good place to find coins. We worked the area with no luck. Wishing me luck he left and a few minutes later I came across this mens ring. I'm not sure if its gold but if it was brass it would be tarnished. The ring was found just the way you see it. I've wiped it down with a rag thats it.

Attachments

• 1st ring.JPG
    1st ring.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 833
Upvote 0
Great Start! Nice Ring. Some people go for months without finding any rings.
Mr Mark

;D

Sure looks like gold. Any marks on inside? Older rings sometimes dont have them. This one looks pretty old.

Looks real to me. It's an old initial ring. I have a small handful of them. They aren't marked all the time because it's old. I would guess it's 10k or possibly 9k. I would estimate it to be 75 to 100 yrs old. Probably from the 20S or 30S. It's a nice find. It took me awile to find my first gold ring. At least a year or so when I first started. But the first one I found had a huge stone in it. It also happened to fit my ring finger like a glove. That's a great way to start a very rewarding hobby if you work hard at it. Wish you all the luck and welcome to the forum.

HH Jer

Hey Slap. Beautiful antiquity. Welcome to the site and thanks for the post~CO2

Nice! I have been hunting for years and have never found a nice ring like that,congrats!

Real nice ring there.
We had perfect wether for hunting today up in the upper70s and I had so many honeydos to do I only got to think about hunting.
Wish I had found a ring though. :)
Maybe Sat.

?HH ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?Red

That looks like what we use to call an initial ring, no stone just an initial , usually the owners last name. Also coul be an old Masonic ring as the etch work vaguely resembles a masonic symbol. Good find!

Congratulations! :-X Can't wait to find my first gold ring. Today I went to the beach, got a couple $$ in clad, lot of trash, and a good size silver ring, which is my first! :D Keep up the good work, and thanks for the pic.

That is a great find. Congrats and hope you find a bunch more and welcome.

Thanks for your posts. This forum is so great with all the support and nice people. I'm learning so much from all of you thanks.

SLAPPAV

Very nice find, does look to be very old be sure to let us know what you find on it.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back