🔎 UNIDENTIFIED 1980 ? Miami Dolphins Pennant

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not up to date on NFL teams and what I have been able to find online I think this pennant may be from 1980. The names with the numbers are easy and go back to 1980. I not sure if Bob Griese and Don Shula are on this. Any & all help to id this is appreciated. Thanks to all ..............

Attachments

• Pennant 1.JPG
    Pennant 1.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Pennant 2.JPG
    Pennant 2.JPG
    478.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Pennant 3.JPG
    Pennant 3.JPG
    605.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Pennant 4.JPG
    Pennant 4.JPG
    644.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Pennant 5.JPG
    Pennant 5.JPG
    347.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Pennant 6.JPG
    Pennant 6.JPG
    684.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Pennant 7.JPG
    Pennant 7.JPG
    534.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Pennant 8.JPG
    Pennant 8.JPG
    298.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Pennant 9.JPG
    Pennant 9.JPG
    328.4 KB · Views: 16
Its gotta have some value to a Miami fan if the signatures are genuine. As of right now on Thursday night football, The Buffalo Bills are really putt'n whoop'n on the Miami Dolphins.

Upvote 0
Are you serious Clark
Dead serious............ Picked this up from an estate auction. Going through the Dolphins 1980 roster this has some players that 1980 was their last year and from what I've been able to find online their signatures are on pennant. Pics of 1980 roster attached. Just have to match the roster to the pennant and then confirm the signatures.
tamrock I'm sure your are right, more research on my part is needed...

Attachments

• Roster 1.jpg
    Roster 1.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Roster 2.jpg
    Roster 2.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
I see what appears to be Don Shula's autograph near the "M" in Miami. Nice find. Not sure of the value.

EDIT: And possibly I see Bob Griese's autograph on the helmet.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
I see what appears to be Don Shula's autograph near the "M" in Miami. Nice find. Not sure of the value.

EDIT: And possibly I see Bob Griese's autograph on the helmet.
Thanks Doubter in MD. From online signature comparison it appears to me that it could be also. I am going to
inquiry with Leila Dunbar the antique road show appraiser on what it will cost for her to tell me if all signatures are real, the year and value. Hopefully her fee will be less than the value...

Thanks again Doubter in MD & have a good one .....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back