flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My mother in-law gave this to my Daughter.
It says at the bottom “1977 Col. Mint Inc”
Dollar coin size.
I can’t find it on the net, soooo

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1580615058.769415.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1580615071.249082.jpg

Thanks guys
8-)

You may want to consider contacting Costume Jewelry Collectors Int’l (CJCI) for more information. :thumbsup:

To contact the founders of CJCI, please email:

Pamela Wiggins –
[email protected]
Melinda Lewis –
[email protected]

Mailing address:
CJCI
P.O. BOX 446
BENICIA, CA 94510

"The demand for Egyptian designs boomed during the 1920s, after the discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb in 1922 spread Egyptian imagery throughout the western world. Newsreel footage of archaeological digs and Hollywood depictions of the gilded Egyptian empire sealed the deal: Egyptian style was red hot. Not only was Egyptian jewelry linked to ancient opulence, it also held the allure of a legendary culture and its mysterious symbols. Often Egyptian revival designs were pulled directly from Egyptian amulets worn for good luck—the Udjat, or eye of Horus, was a common motif, symbolizing healing and protection; scarabs and lotus flowers represented rebirth and resurrection; and the Ankh was a symbol of eternal life.

Produced by major fashion-jewelry firms like the Napier Company in New York, Egyptian revival jewelry was typically made from flashy golden forms featuring carved hieroglyphics, pharaoh’s heads, sphinxes, and even mummies. Bigger was always better, especially for exotic pieces like headbands with dangling forehead pendants, oversized bib necklaces, or heavy chain-link “slave” bracelets. Costume jewelers such as Whiting & Davis, Lisner, and Monet quickly produced revival pieces of their own, using enamel inlays in the plique à jour style to showcase animals like falcons, jackals, scarab beetles, and cobra snakes. Other emblems of the desert, from pyramids to palm trees, adorned long necklaces and fringed earrings inlaid with semi-precious stones or rhinestones. Since the '20s, the Egyptian revival trend has returned every few decades. Some of the most ornate pieces were made by Joseff of Hollywood for the 1963 epic “Cleopatra,” starring Elizabeth Taylor."

Dave

Upvote 0
You may want to consider contacting Costume Jewelry Collectors Int’l (CJCI) for more information. :thumbsup:

To contact the founders of CJCI, please email:

Pamela Wiggins –
[email protected]
Melinda Lewis –
[email protected]

Mailing address:
CJCI
P.O. BOX 446
BENICIA, CA 94510

"The demand for Egyptian designs boomed during the 1920s, after the discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb in 1922 spread Egyptian imagery throughout the western world. Newsreel footage of archaeological digs and Hollywood depictions of the gilded Egyptian empire sealed the deal: Egyptian style was red hot. Not only was Egyptian jewelry linked to ancient opulence, it also held the allure of a legendary culture and its mysterious symbols. Often Egyptian revival designs were pulled directly from Egyptian amulets worn for good luck—the Udjat, or eye of Horus, was a common motif, symbolizing healing and protection; scarabs and lotus flowers represented rebirth and resurrection; and the Ankh was a symbol of eternal life.

Produced by major fashion-jewelry firms like the Napier Company in New York, Egyptian revival jewelry was typically made from flashy golden forms featuring carved hieroglyphics, pharaoh’s heads, sphinxes, and even mummies. Bigger was always better, especially for exotic pieces like headbands with dangling forehead pendants, oversized bib necklaces, or heavy chain-link “slave” bracelets. Costume jewelers such as Whiting & Davis, Lisner, and Monet quickly produced revival pieces of their own, using enamel inlays in the plique à jour style to showcase animals like falcons, jackals, scarab beetles, and cobra snakes. Other emblems of the desert, from pyramids to palm trees, adorned long necklaces and fringed earrings inlaid with semi-precious stones or rhinestones. Since the '20s, the Egyptian revival trend has returned every few decades. Some of the most ornate pieces were made by Joseff of Hollywood for the 1963 epic “Cleopatra,” starring Elizabeth Taylor."

Dave

Dave... what gives ?

This is twice now that you have immediately pointed a user to seek information on a "what is it" elsewhere before others eve have able to try and solve it.

Either you are getting lazy or you work with / for them :P

Sheesh man.... sorta like spamming in a way by directing users to seek information elsewhere PRIOR to anyone "chiming in" don't ya think ?

No offense my friend... but just seems "odd".

Upvote 0
Dave... what gives ?

This is twice now that you have immediately pointed a user to seek information on a "what is it" elsewhere before others eve have able to try and solve it.

Either you are getting lazy or you work with / for them :P

Sheesh man.... sorta like spamming in a way by directing users to seek information elsewhere PRIOR to anyone "chiming in" don't ya think ?

No offense my friend... but just seems "odd".

Buddy, I'm just here to help... it's certainly not because of the pay! :thumbsup:

Maybe you're slowing down and not able to respond fast enough due to your age?

It may also be because of how busy you are maintaining your 'THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7' now that it has 55,693 likes! :laughing7:

Upvote 0
Buddy, I'm just here to help... it's certainly not because of the pay! :thumbsup:

Maybe you're slowing down and not able to respond fast enough due to your age?

It may also be because of how busy you are maintaining your 'THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7' now that it has 55,693 likes! :laughing7:

All of the above. :P

Upvote 0
Since I don’t have an ID, does that make it Rare?

Upvote 0
Since I don’t have an ID, does that make it Rare?

Probably pretty rare, but rare doesn't always mean valuable of course. The Marilyn Monroe version was listed at $20 and millions of people collect Monroe memorabilia. Not sure how many people collect gold plated zodiac necklaces from the disco era. If not attached to it, list it and find out if demand is high for the supply. You may have the only one in existence so who knows...

Upvote 0
I don’t think my daughter will part with it for sedimental reasons.... but then again everything has its price!
And BTW.... Disco is Dead ! Lol

Upvote 0
I was also thinking a zodiac symbol type pendant pretty cool for sure though. ZI t seems to be like a clock with a picture instead of a number Tommy

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back