Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went hiking around the woods by Lake Tahoe hoping to find an older something, anything.
Came across a very small creek coming down from a steep mountainside that had a lot of visible older glass and china fragments. Pulled a couple of intact bottles from the black mud. They had all of the graphics and writing when I pulled them out. Didn't have my phone or I would have taken a pic or two.

Got a great signal on the detector and pulled the medicine sample aluminum container. Rang up just like a silver dollar...Dang!
A few minutes later I got a signal just like a half dollar and pulled up the 80th anniversary Seagram Distillers medallion.
IMG_7150.JPG
IMG_7151.JPG

Unfortunately, all the graphics on the bottles rubbed off in my backpack.
They were "Cock and Bull Bombay Water" bottles with really neat looking images and writing. Oh well.
IMG_7152.JPG
IMG_7153.JPG

Gotta study up on how to preserve the graphics on old bottles like that.

Thanks for lookin!

Upvote 10
Wow
You are doing great this year.
Congratulations

A pic of the Cock 'n Bull logo:
CnB-Slider-Logo.jpg

The C and B was a great watering hole for lunch or evening entertainment where the actors of Hollywood would regularly dine and enbide. The restaurant was at 9170 Sunset Blvd., Hollywood. It was open from 1937 to 1987. The area of the restaurant was absorbed by the then adjacent owner: Hornburg Jaguar--until 2021. Last I heard the site was planned to be developed with a five-story building featuring a restaurant on the ground floor and offices above. Some call it progress; I call it destruction of an historic building.
Don in SoCal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back