1930s video of confederate soldiers repeating the "Rebel Yell" Smithsonian archives

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1930's video of confederate soldiers repeating the "Rebel Yell" Smithsonian archives

Compliments of Nana. You can see the humor and fun these old timers had in doing their famous never forgotten battle cry. Pretty interesting to watch this old clip. I can imagine them as young men a long time ago. Rare Footage of Civil War Veterans Doing the Rebel Yell - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for posting this TnM, I really enjoyed it...

Imagine 20,000 men yelling as they charged across open fields...

May need to repeat that yell one day......

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:
You read a lot about it in history and old diaries. It's great that they did capture this. I got tickled watching these Civil War Veterans repeating it many years later. I bet they were a hoot to be around. You can see the humor they had a side we do not often imagine.

I will never walk through Chickamauga and be the same !

Thats just awesome. Fantastic the Smithsonian has tapes of it. With todays generation and Liberals they want to erase all past existence of that time or the rebel yell, and the flag. They just want to delete it all because they consider it not Politically Correct.

Check out the old Civil War veterans meetings at Gettysburg, last in 1938(I think). They are on you tube also. North on one side, Rebs on the other...

Check out the old Civil War veterans meetings at Gettysburg, last in 1938(I think). They are on you tube also. North on one side, Rebs on the other...

Austin can you do a new post on it? I would love to see it. Man I miss ole Texas sometimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back