Salem, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, V3, BH

Attachments

• class ring 0012.jpg
    class ring 0012.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 594
Upvote 0
Nice Ring ! Maybe ya'll can find somewhere else as sweet as that spot!Any name or initials on the ring? :thumbsup:

wow thats an awsome find.....I think if it was me I'd try to find a way to get permission to hunt there somehow. :icon_thumleft:

Great find. I lived in Salem, went to school in Newberg at George Fox. Went many times past Willamette Univ. Salivated over all the old trees/the old campus, but never worked up courage to ask for permission, or put the machine on the ground.
Use this find, especially if you find the owner, to your advantage. Have whomever ends up with the ring, i.e. owner, or owners son or daughter, call the Univ. and tell them what it means to them to have that ring back in their possession. Then, present yourself to the same person who the owner of the ring called, and give them the whole scoop.....that you know what you're doing with a metal detector, and that you will give back to the Univ. anything of historical value, that you will try to find all owners of anything that can be researched, etc, etc, etc, that you will cover all holes.....even suggest having a contract drawn up.
Could be that we will see your name coming up on these post with some really really nice finds coming our of WU.
Hope it works for you. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back