1922/3 wheat penny?

mh12345

Jul 25, 2024
IMG_2542.jpeg
IMG_2541.jpeg
Are my eyes playing tricks on me? Depending on the angle I move the penny the 2 changes to a 3.

Upvote 6
1922's are rare.
The penny without the Denver mint mark is the rare one. That year the penny was only minted in Denver. A die was plugged in the D at some point and an undetermined of pennies when into circulation looking as though they were minted in Philadelphia. Still the 1922 with a D is rare also due to a low mintage that year. I picked up a 1922 no mint mark in back in the early 1980s still in circulation. I traded it for a 1955, 56 & 57 US mint sets and a 12 gram native crystalline gold nugget from the 16 to 1 mine at a coin shop in Folsom, California. I sold the mint set to Tebo Coin in Boulder, Colorado to add to a down payment for my house. I traded the gold nugget for a LeCoutre whist watch at a pawn shop in Salt Lake City in the early 1990s. The watch I sold on Ebay when I was active on that site in the later 90s and early 2000s.

1923 with a little damage on the 3. Not unusual for details to look a bit different from different angles, especially on dug coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back