HI Rossie. Cut off date would be 1909 - last year the IH pennies were made and first year the wheaties were started to be made. Your 1918 has not much value. Mabee 10 cents, but copper that is found in the ground is not all that valuable unless rare, it's the silver that's valueable.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Matt

Hey Rosevelt,

? The 1918 isn't a rare coin or worth all that much. ?They made about 288 million of them and according to my coin magazine is worth about 30 cents in fine condition. ?Still a great find though! :D ? As far as the indian heads, they were made from 1859 through 1909. ?The wheat cents started in 1909 (they made both that year apparently) and went until 1958. ?Good hunting!!

Still a good find rosevelt. Heck I love finding wheats...until I start getting Mercs. ;D

If anyone could post what pennys in america are worth something that would be great.

Very few pennies are worth much at all.

There are a couple that are worth $300/$400 or so, 1 that is worth about $700 depending on cond., and 4 or 5 that are worth $20 to $50 or so, but for the most part, the majority aren't worth more than .05 to a $1 or 2..

I'll post the best/most valuable a little later tonight when I get a few more minutes if no one else does!

HH

Lonewolfe

Yep,, Love them wheaties... Where there's wheats, there's usually silver lurking around...
Here a site that might help you determin which coins may be of some value:http://www.pcgs.com/prices/
Also, you can see what years, what was made...
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

It sometimes gets to where it is even hard to dig a wheatie, so those are still a thrill for me to find. HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back